Associate, Java Software Engineer
Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing.
Being a developer at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
What makes us special as a company
- Our mission statement: help more and more people experience financial well-being, allowing them to have better health, education, and retirement.
- As the biggest asset manager, we are among the top companies globally with a highly secure and established financial pedigree.
- Our global team is growing dynamically so there are always new opportunities.
- BlackRock is socially responsible! BlackRock is leading the push for a more climate-conscious, sustainable & ethical approach to corporate governance, products & investing.
- BlackRock is a FinTech company with an equal emphasis on technology and finance.
- There are a lot of perks, e.g. unlimited holiday, free access to learning sites, a stipend to undertake training.
- Compared to many big companies, employees enjoy more freedom to give input, make decisions and express their opinion, regardless of your level.
What makes us special as a team
The position is for an Associate within the Investment Systems and Trading Development team, a key function of Aladdin Product Group. Our software solutions are used by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers and Investment Operations.
Our team specializes in building solutions for Portfolio Management and currently on an exciting journey of product evolution. We are passionate engineers, who care about multiple aspects of enterprise software development - Performance, Scale, Resilience, Usability and Maintainability.
This position will give you immense exposure and training in some of the latest technologies, such as Angular, Ignite, APIs, gRPC, Proto-buffs, Spring, Azure Dev Ops, Node.JS, Cassandra and more. The role will also provide great platform to learn about the financial industry and the exciting world of investing and portfolio management
You should be
- Passionate technologist, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Curious to learn new things, and willing to learn from mistakes
- Data and quality focused, with attention to detail that make excellent solutions
- Interested to learn more on Investment domain
- Develop and maintain investment functionality used by portfolio managers
- Help build the next generation of the world's best investment platform
- Contribute to an agile development team and collaborate with developers, designers, analysts, users and leads across regions
- Apply quality software engineering practices through SDLC
- Ensure resilience and stability through unit, regression and user acceptance testing, dev ops and level two production support
- Be a role model to fellow junior developers and contribute to inclusive team culture.
Qualifications: Must Have
- 2+ years hands-on experience developing software systems.
- Strong foundation in Java and related technologies
- Experience in technologies like Angular and Python
- B.E. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to forge positive relationships and building trusted partnerships through positive demeanor and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of SQL or any NoSQL database or Distributes caching frameworks
- Contribution to opensource development projects
- Knowledge of Finance domain or interest to learn more
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.