Our client is seeking an ambitious Associate to support its growing Global Investor Services (GIS) practice in London.
The GIS team helps international investors understand and mitigate political and regulatory risk at both the transaction and portfolio levels. Working closely with internal geographic and sector experts, our client advises many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated private equity, hedge and sovereign wealth funds and family offices.
The team’s work is diverse and challenging, having to quickly understand global and domestic politics and how they impact businesses and investors at a granular level. In the past 12 months the GIS team has worked on issues as diverse as the impact of Brexit on different asset classes, Barbados’ IMF bailout and market consequences of Italian political uncertainty—flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in are essential.
Role and responsibilities
- Research and draft analytical reports and presentations for clients.
- Actively contribute to business development meetings and preparing senior colleagues for client presentations and conference speeches.
- Contribute to the company’s house view on relevant geopolitical and policy developments.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers at senior levels.
- Support business development by identifying potential clients, contributing to pitch processes and proposing business development outreach campaigns.
- Participate in marketing campaigns that contribute to live policy debates, taking responsibility for helping to deliver GIS events such as breakfasts, dinners and roundtables with policymakers and writing blog content.
- Act as an active ambassador for the company at relevant industry and policy events.
Skills and profile
This role is likely a good fit for candidates with:
- 1-3 years of investment research or policy analysis in government, a consultancy, investment bank or asset management firm. Exposure to foreign investment climate issues and foreign policy a plus.
- A research-intensive degree in Politics, Economics, History, IR or Public Administration. Master’s degree a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages strongly preferred, but not required.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
- A strong interest in global affairs and domestic politics. Willingness to “get smart” quickly on new geographies, sectors, policies and regulations.
This is a full-time role based in London but working closely with colleagues in Europe and Asia, with occasional opportunities for work travel. Only candidates with UK work rights will be considered.
Salary and other benefits are competitive and dependent on experience.
About the company
- Our client helps companies and investors across a wide range of sectors to anticipate the ways in which politics, regulation and public policymaking create both risk and opportunity – and to develop and implement strategies to meet these challenges.
- Our work is backed up by high quality analytical content and collateral that is politically and economically informed and which builds quickly into executable strategy.
- Our team is led by former public policymakers and political advisors with experience at the highest level of government and supported by a network of partners in other key markets.
How to apply
- Please submit your CV and cover letter via eFinancialcareers.
- Successful candidates will be invited to further selection stages, including an interview at the company’s London office, located in Marylebone.