Be a Part of Our Success
Associate, Global Client Coverage, UKWhat is the opportunity?
Associate, Global Client Coverage is responsible for supporting Global Client Coverage initiatives by working with internal and external stakeholders to fully support commercial opportunities including client-specific tailoring of best in class presentations and proposals. The position will work as part of RBC I&TS' Global Client Coverage team, focused on supporting new business opportunities with prospects; cross-sell opportunities with existing clients; client retention requirements; and internal documentation and planning requirements.
What will you do?
- Form an integral part of the Global Client Coverage team, providing backup coverage support for an identified set of clients and working to deliver against identified business development opportunities.
- Where appropriate, manage a small portfolio of coverage clients through a `Net' perspective ensuring profitable growth opportunities while minimising portfolio losses and re-pricing.
- Accountable and responsible for contributing towards the geography's total annual sales plan.
- Support the overall deal management /solution development process for identified commercial opportunities in order to profile RBC strategically well before and during the conduct of market reviews.
- Works with the Coverage team and Proposal Management to translate client parameters into sales propositions, across all proposals, RFXs, Due Diligences and other client facing submissions and content (incl. leading the RFX process, developing bespoke content responses, driving any business case development, presentation and custom proposal requirements, etc.
- Maintenance/Back-up support of a detailed Client Plan as the book of record to maintain history, corporate knowledge and to educate the business on the ongoing 90 day activity plan.
- Where necessary and in concert with coverage, engage colleagues in RBC Capital Markets and RBC Wealth to maximise X-sell opportunities
- Working with senior Coverage leads, support the maintenance of a detailed segment or geographic-specific business plan; including targeted prospect lists and the creation of bottom up sales plans.
What do you need to succeed?
- BA or BSc in business or finance
- Some experience in the institutional financial services industry (asset management, banking, custody, insurance, or related industries).
- Sound knowledge of the financial services and securities industry
- Extensive experience articulating complex into concise and meaningful messaging
- Ability to conduct business planning activities for clients and uncover new opportunities
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Commercially astute
- Proven curiosity regarding evolving investment industry trends including Fintech
- Above average organisational and project management abilities
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-12-04
Req ID: 150115
Flexible Working Options Considered