Be a Part of Our Success
Associate, Global Client Coverage
What is the opportunity?
Day to Day coverage to develop profitable new business for RBC I&TS and the wider RBC organisation with new institutional clients. Protect & retain NIAT/Revenue for I&TS' Coverage Relationships. Very strong value creation and NIAT production.
What will you do?
- Contribute to the maintenance of a detailed territory plan as part of the local Country Sales Strategy
- Build out bottom up territory plans by target client on those relationships
- Ensure focus is directed to 'on strategy' and strong NIAT generating opportunities
- Build out bottom up portfolio plans by existing client
- Manage the client portfolio through a 'Net' perspective ensuring profitable growth opportunities minimize any portfolio loss or re-pricing (including ManCo relationships, Boards, Offshore support)
- Seek/support revenue growth and cost reduction opportunities to enhance client NIAT
- Proactive calling ensuring RBC I&TS is the best connected and demonstrates best understanding of the clients business, strategic priorities, business challenges
- Profiling RBC strategically with clients well before clients conduct market review and issue Requests for Proposals
- Ensure broad deep connectivity at clients executive, management and operational levels
- Fully understand political landscape in the client organisation
- Metered engagement with client to explore for mutual value and test value proposition vs their value criteria
- Fully understand and leverage overall RBC enterprise connectivity to the client organisation
- Establishe and evolve a client specific value proposition and ensures it is unique and differentiating
- Spearhead the preparation and presentation to client of proposals and all client presentations. Owns the client strategy, and overall quality of the proposal and presentation is in conjunction with Deal Management.
- Draws on the expertise of the wider RBC organisation to fully leverage complementary solutions and intellectual capital for existing clients
What do you need to succeed?
- Emerging track record in Coverage/Relationship Management role (Ideally High/Medium Complex relationships/targets)
- Emerging ability of strategic planning and working with portfolio goals
- Emerging ability to sell/navigate to complex, multi-level organizations
- Emerging ability to engage senior business heads to support effective country strategies and product development
- Emerging negotiation/commercial skills
- Orientation towards disciplined strategic business development processes
- Refined interpersonal skills
- Proven Team Leader responsibilities
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL07
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-12-04
Req ID: 150117
Flexible Working Options Considered