Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List . Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The Associate role will be central to providing relationship management and transaction support to client-facing Relationship Managers on the Emerging Markets desk. As a member of the Emerging Markets Corporate Banking team, the Associate will be responsible for ensuring that MUFG corporate clients receive exceptional service throughout the life of financing transactions, in accord with all relevant internal and regulatory processes, guidelines and standards.
- Within the Emerging Markets desk, the Associate will be primary dedicated to the Central Asian customer base.
- Origination & Marketing: provide support to the Senior Relationship Manager to originate all MUFG banking products and services. Work jointly with the product teams including DCM Loans, Structured Finance, Transaction Banking, Derivatives, etc.
- Manage day-to-day client interactions: Regularly engage with clients at a counterpart level to support the successful conclusion of transactions and execute selected deals. Use knowledge gained through direct client contact to contribute to overall development of client relationship.
- Marketing Support and Credit: Relationship management duties in support of Relationship Managers. Independently prepare deal screening proposals, account plans, return calculations, client proposals, call memos and presentations. Support Relationship Managers in gathering market intelligence and target client research. Independently prepare credit applications.
- Execution and Negotiation: Take lead in negotiating with internal / external legal teams, borrowers and syndicate members to ensure negotiation and timely execution of the documentation to a consistently high standard, reflecting MUFG’s preferred position as much as possible.
- Pre- and post-signing administration to ensure the smooth execution of Mandate and Facility Documents. Provide assistance to the Relationship Managers in executing transactions.
- Provide general support to the wider team as may be required, including follow up with the different departments and divisions within the Bank (e.g. compliance, middle and back office planning related tasks, process waivers as appropriate, liaise with other business units).
- Provide general support to the Team Head, Relationship Managers as required from time to time, including the preparation/ update of strategy papers, financial data and planning related activities.
- Relevant industry exposure and corporate banking experience of at least 3-5 years.
- Experience in Central Asia and similar markets.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Good understanding of and familiarity with corporate and investment banking products, with a focus on Syndicated Lending, Transaction Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Rate & Commodity Derivatives, Export/Trade and Project Finance, and M&A finance.
- Strong credit analysis skills.
- Adequate legal documentation experience.
- Experience with preparing client pitches and presentations.
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills are absolutely critical.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen, be results-oriented.
- Computer literacy, including core Microsoft modules e.g. Excel / PowerPoint.
- Able to communicate effectively with external and internal clients.
- Fluency in spoken and written Russian.
- Knowledge of current affairs and interest in emerging markets developments, with particular focus on Central Asian geopolitical and economic landscape.
- Knowledge industry drivers and dynamics of any of the following industries: oil & gas, mining, petrochemicals, electricity generation and distribution, financial institutions, transport and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Kazakh, Uzbek or other Turkic languages would be an asset.
- Prior experience of living, working or travelling in Central Asia would be a strong plus.
- Understanding of principles of sustainable finance and ESG frameworks.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Business/Finance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.