- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director / Director - Sales Representative
Location: London, England, United KingdomIn this role you are responsible to drive the entire sales process for our Research, Data and Risk models solutions. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific strategic guidance and product overviews. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team who are looking to grow their potential and contribute to our mission.
- Build and execute on sales strategies to meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Lead the full lifecycle sales process which includes identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients, building on existing client relationships, giving sales presentations and contract negotiations.
- Own the development of business within assigned territories.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Direct Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Build customers' trust in Moody's as a 'trusted partner' through insightful and client-specific advice leveraging market, product and technical expertise.
- Identify additional products and services from across all Moody's businesses that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Be recognized as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle specifically relating to the Bank financials market, counterparty credit risk for Banks and Insurers.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Lead the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Lead the training of new team members.
- Represent Moody's as effective external spokesperson for the organization.
- Provide accurate, complete and current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
The position is part of the Moody's Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service Group. The team is responsible for managing and growing overall client relationships within large financial institutions; including Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Insurance companies and Asset Management firms.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- Significant experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on serving financial services and/or corporate treasury customers.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex sales cycles to successful conclusion through use of consultative selling techniques
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Experience utilising consultative selling techniques.
- Proven ability of accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close.
- Skilled in establishing, developing, and maintaining key relationships within accounts, including senior executives, both internally and externally.
- Ability to interact with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Fluent in French and English is essential.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.