Associate Director Software Developer
Company & Team - "About Us"
Markit Delta One, a division of IHS Markit is a specialist provider of managed and installed data services, delivering world-class data, technology and service solutions focusing on the complex and evolving Index and ETF data needs. Used in the front, middle and back office by the world's leading Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Fund Administrators, Prime Brokers and Hedge Funds Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Design and develop software solutions in an agile environment to solve complex financial business problems
- Immerse in the business domain, identifying innovative solutions and technologies that could benefit our business
- Communicate effectively with onshore team to capture requirements and relay team progress
- Work with the operations team to ensure technology platform is fit for purpose and acquire feedback for areas of improvement
- Provide technical direction, leadership and mentorship to a heterogeneous team of developers engaging in application support as well as strategic development
- Own project lifecycles, from conception through to maintenance and support
- Shadow offshore teams and occasionally provide out of hours support
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Extensive experience working with databases including SQL databases (SQL Server preferable)
- Experience with code repository and continuous integration tools such as Git & Artifactory
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly transactional, available and scalable business critical systems
- Good understanding of software architecture; understanding component and application breakdown and interaction
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Flexible Benefits Scheme
Closing Date: 19 June 2020
Salary: CompetitiveIHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.