Associate Director, Senior Credit Analyst
Due to a recent move, we are looking for an experienced Credit Analyst to provide high level of credit analysis to enable the effective development and management of customer relationships together with the Relationship Managers.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform credit-related due diligence, analyse counterparties, identify and quantify risk drivers in transaction structures, and propose mitigants. The credit analysis consists of a thorough financial analysis including balance sheet, P&L and cash flow analysis; business model/strategy; risk management policy assessment.
- Prepare credit memos and internal borrower rating providing approval recommendations.
- Contribute to the development, adaptation and application of policy and procedures to ensure a compliant and rigorous approach to the management of any risk which can negatively affect the portfolio.
- Understand the business and the regulatory and risk framework, working with the business to assist its growth while ensuring compliance with internal policies and risk appetite.
- Liaise with internal counterparts throughout MUFG and with external counterparts at clients to gather relevant information to support decision making and planning.
- Support the management of the portfolio (i.e. monitor deadlines, management of credit team resources, etc) and the development of the credit analysis skills of the team (i.e. provide training to junior analysts).
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree educated and/ or relevant industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years' corporate credit analysis and research skills (including stress test and modelling) ideally gained in a banking environment
- Skilled in monitoring developments and trends across the commodity trading industry, identifying major risk factors and highlighting these to Senior Management
- Experience with credit reviews and assessment of internal ratings
- Able to effectively liaise with the business side on credit related matters
- Aptitude for working independently with a high level of attention to detail in a time constrained environment (i.e. syndicated facilities)
- Experience in a Credit Sanctioning department or a background in natural resources finance would be advantageous
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills based on relevant systems and models
- Presentation and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and networking skills
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.