Associate Director, Research and Analysis Resources, Energy and Infrastructure Clients
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Oct 18
See job description for details
- Build your career in the Credit & Capital Management division – International Banking.
- Great opportunity to provide research, analysis and insights to help clients make business decisions and execute on their strategy
- Reports to Head of Global Diversified Industries - Research and Analysis, International and Institutional Banking
A core Research & Analysis (“R&A”) role with primary focus on clients across Resources, Energy and Infrastructure segment in ANZ Europe. The position is located in London. Preferred candidates will have experience analysing large natural resources companies (mining and metals, oil and gas, energy). Experience with contractors, infrastructure, and structured and specialised finance (project finance, export finance) is useful but not essential.
R&A is responsible for identifying and effectively managing risks inherent in the client's business, financial models and management structure. Industry specific research and ongoing portfolio management functions are also core responsibilities. R&A works in full collaboration with both Relationship and Risk to provide ANZ’s clients with the full range of ANZ’s products and services in a timely fashion while delivering the appropriate risk and return balance for ANZ.
Some of your key accountabilities include:
Perform - Financial Measures
- Achievement of financial performance in line with targets as agreed.
- Ongoing “real time” client risk analysis based on industry insight, client information, discussions and industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to understand particular industries from a credit perspective to enable prudent and timely analysis of key credit or risk issues in credit papers, whilst also understanding the relationship.
- Existing knowledge of specific industries (natural resources, precious or base metals, oil or gas or energy) not essential but would be an advantage.
- Attend client briefings as appropriate to keep up to date with developments and assist with facility structuring and risk identification.
- Undertake research for, and assist with, the preparation of appropriate Industry studies.
- Attend industry briefings as appropriate to stay abreast of Industry developments.
- Annual and, where appropriate, periodic review of Clients' operating and financial performance with credit proposals to demonstrate clear understanding of facilities provided and ability to service the facilities provided.
- Meaningfully contribute to workshops with RM, Risk and Product teams to establish credit requirements, including deal structuring and risk mitigation.
- Execute well-managed agenda and maintain client credit files for designated accounts.
- Write Credit Memoranda (and any related credit papers or analysis) for new proposals in accordance with ANZ’s underwriting standards and policies (or appropriately highlighting exceptions & rationale).
- Good understanding of balance sheets and corporate structures. Cross border transaction experience.
- Accurately determine client Risk Rating and appropriate triggers for upgrade or downgrade.
- Solid industry knowledge. Can critically assess and analyse natural resources industries.
- Live ANZ values.
- Actively assist in people management practices that meaningfully contribute to an engaged workforce and motivate the team for optimum performance.
- Support Research & Analysis peers.
- Maximise own development.
- Quality engagement with business stakeholders.
- Adopt “Change Manager Mindset” with particular focus on the Credit Process Transformation (“CPT”).
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role is required
- Accounting knowledge essential. Good financial modelling skills
- Strong knowledge of the Bank's Credit Policy and Procedures
- Excellent credit or risk assessment or credit structuring skills gained through banking experience
- Ability to cope with real time business demands requiring accurate assessment of risk or reward opportunities
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word etc.) at high level
- Excellent teamwork orientation; collaborative in style and involving others to reach objectives
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
This role is based in London. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application opening date: 24 September 2018
Application closing date: 24 October 2018
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave