Associate Director R&D, ESG Indices
- Competitive GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Dow Jones Indices
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
The purpose of this role is to provide ESG expertise in the build out of our ESG product offering. The candidate will influence index creation and will author key papers to support our product offering. Furthermore, the candidate with provide though leadership through written materials and develop frameworks that measure ESG in its many facets to enable industry participants to make informed decisions.
- Write papers to support our ESG strategy; in particular writing papers to support the launch of key ESG indices. Moreover, communicate and work with internal parties to develop thought leadership in ESG. Write blogs and papers to enhance the S&P DJI brand in ESG.
- Develop frameworks and methods to measure ESG in its many guises. Provide detailed frameworks to establish S&P DJI as a recognised leader in this field.
- Innovate and incorporate ESG ideas into new indices to enhance our product offering in alignment with internal strategy.
- Understand our internal data, data from current vendors, and other possible data opportunities. Candidate must be able to demonstrate critical thinking in data analysis, its limitations, and future developments in data.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with large data sets and be comfortable working with different industry software applications as well as internal systems.
- Establish internal relationships to educate on ESG and be seen as an expert in ESG.
- When required educate externals on our ESG capabilities and our value proposition in ESG.
- The candidate should demonstrate an awareness of trends in ESG to be able to build the next generation of best in class ESG indices.
- Should be able to work independently, and with other individuals and teams, to tight deadlines.
Candidate must have a strong awareness of S&P DJI's traditional business and how ESG may provide a role in future product development.
- Minimum five years experience in ESG
- Minimum of Masters in sustainability or equivalent masters degree
- Minimum A level or equivalent in mathematics
- Strong excel skills with VBA a requirement
- CFA preferable
- Programming languages, for example, Matlab preferable
Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team; can effectively influence others and gain their consensus when needed.