Associate Director Product Strategy
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
As a Senior Manager/Associate Director you would provide the business and senior management with a consistent framework for developing strategic product plans. Work across all distribution lines of business to establish near and long term product development plans, including broad-market Wholesale and Retail strategies, single client strategies for sophisticated institutional clients as well as sub-advised products with competing 3rd party asset managers.
About European Product Management & Development
Product Management & Development is part of the European business and is primarily responsible for the delivery of new products to market. Additionally it is responsible for the commerciality of Fidelity International's range of pooled vehicles, and supports the distribution businesses in acquisition, retention and growth of our fund business, as well as working alongside the Investment Group for the development of new ideas.
The group works with other business areas within the organisation to ensure that Fidelity offers the best possible products and services to the European marketplace. To achieve this, the group interacts with multiple functions internationally to discuss ideas, build business cases and then manage the product development process to successful conclusion.
Purpose of your role
Product Strategy and Planning
It is the responsibility of the incumbent to work across all distribution lines of business to establish near and long term product development plans, including broad-market Wholesale and Retail strategies, single client strategies for sophisticated institutional clients as well as sub-advised products with competing 3rd party asset managers. Strategies must be layered with market outlook, business strategy and diversification plans with marketing innovation to build business demand.
Product Development and Design
There is an ongoing demand for proactive and sophisticated product design and development across both the investment management and the distribution side of the business. Close collaboration between investment teams and distribution teams is mandatory. Marketplace research and analysis, product design, product delivery and shelf space analysis is a core component of the Product Management & Development team. There will be ongoing access to clients, both with sophisticated Wholesale clients, as well as for sub-advised and institutional mandates.
- Provide the business and senior management with a consistent framework for developing strategic product plans;
- Act in both a responsive and proactive manner regarding the design of new products;
- Work proactively with both the investment management and the distribution businesses when clients or Fidelity management identify new product opportunities;
- Act as counsel in the development of product briefs and sign off on briefs at appropriate junctures;
- Keep a watching brief on longer-term strategic possibilities for product and channels;
- Work alongside teams which specialize in Marketplace Research and Analysis;
- Maintain relationships with all parts of the business, within Europe and internationally, that are required to input into new product design;
- Act as a liaison between the European business and all points of collaboration between the appropriate investment teams;
- Development of product briefs which would clearly articulate the core objectives of the products and how they would fit into the overall product offering.
Skills and ExperienceSkillset/attributes
- Demonstrate strategic planning capabilities and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization, both domestically and internationally;
- Must be able to use investment skills to work with CIO's across the entire Fidelity organisation to influence new investment capabilities that could be used for future product designs;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, flexible and innovative;
- Demonstrate the ability to create solutions, while respecting rules and guidelines;
- Team player and can co-ordinate and work with other departments;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Experience working cross functionally with a variety of teams on complex projects and activities;
- Experience working internationally on complex projects and activities;
- Attention to detail and ability to respect rules and requirements
- Proven investment management experience, including roles directly associated with product; demonstrable understanding of how investment products are developed and managed as well as in disclosure, prospectus reports, investment trust deeds or reporting area or fund accounting;
- Executive Training, CFA, IMC or equivalent;
- Fidelity experience a definite advantage;
- Experience working with Chief Investment Officers, Portfolio Managers and senior executives.