Associate Director, Financial Institutions Group
See job description for detailsAn exciting opportunity has just come for you to join ANZ as an Associate Director, Financial Institutions Group.
- Experience in Financial Institutions Group portfolio
- Reports to Head of FIG, Europe
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional goal
About the role
Your role is responsible in managing a portfolio of UK based FIG Clients (with a particularly focus on Funds, a key growth segment for FIG) and supporting senior team member originate and execute FIG financing transactions.
Your role requires strong technical skills developed through sector and/or product knowledge (ideally in debt structuring and execution), experience in client coverage with an emphasis on business origination and development for both local & international opportunities and excellent understanding of risk principles.
The key responsibilities including growing the portfolio profitability through client relationship management, direct deal engagement and supporting deal execution. Your role will demonstrate competence in key lending, financial markets and structured finance capabilities of relevance to the Financial Institutions sector, which they will use in the execution of their responsibilities. You will develop and maintain internal relationships with key stakeholders including product partners, their FI team counterparts around the globe as the segment continues to deliver an efficient global account coverage program, as well as their Credit partners.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Extensive experience in working with Financial Institutions coverage including managing a portfolio of FI clients, demonstrable business development skills and relationship coverage of senior clients
- Sound credit/ risk assessment skills, ideally across loan products
- Strong debt and markets execution capabilities and experience in managing internal and external counterparties through transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interface with clients at both management and working level
- Self-motivated and proactive with capacity to operate successfully across cultures
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to build solid internal and external relationships
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
We’re exploring new and better ways to progress the business with energy and enthusiasm. Backed by a proud and established heritage, we’re on a journey creating a regional bank. Connected by integrity and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We connect you to a world of opportunity.
When you join ANZ, you'll join a connected community offering a world of opportunities to help you grow your career. Who knows where you might end up? Hear from our staff about their career journey with ANZ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUCE1xOvzE
Find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference UNI000424.
This role is based in London, United Kingdom. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application opening date: 30 August 2017
Application closing date: 27 September 2017
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave