Associate Director, Commodities & Global Markets Legal, 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Are you a Lawyer looking to join a collaborative global team and drive your career forward in a successful, fast paced business? Read on and apply today.
Commodities & Global Markets Legal is a division-aligned legal team that is part of Group Legal and provides independent, strategic legal advice to our businesses. In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in
- Fixed term contract, 1 year, maternity cover
- Providing legal support to the Quantitative Investment Strategies business
- Review and approval of index manuals
- Advice on internal proprietary index policy and governance and assistance with policy changes
- Review and approval of ISDA agreements and swap confirmations
- Negotiation of non-disclosure agreements
- Advice on, and negotiation of, agreements documenting index-related collaborations
- Advice on data licenses and other matters related to index calculation
- Assistance with derivatives work for other desks, when needed
- Assistance with other derivatives-related projects
About Commodities and Global Markets
- Experience in advising on Quantitative Investment Strategies and proprietary indices
- Significant experience in advising on and negotiating derivatives documentation
- Possess a strong sense of commercial acumen and problem-solving abilities
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment
- Enjoy assuming responsibility for delivering high-quality work with minimal supervision
- Have strong interpersonal skills, initiative and a good eye for detail
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.