Associate Director, Clean Technology Consulting
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth. Your Role
IHS Markit is looking to offer an exciting opportunity to an experienced consultant to deliver projects focused around clean technology, renewables and the energy transition. The successful candidate will combine industry expertise and experience of helping customers, and will leverage the existing analysis, data and insight offered by IHS Markit to deliver highly valuable consulting engagements to our customers around the world.
The Consulting Associate Director functions as a core member of the Clean Technology consulting team and will provide advanced knowledge of the global renewables industry and related market drivers. The successful candidate will be expected to identify, develop and deliver clean technology related consulting assignments, including delivery of accurate, quality and timely consulting deliverables. The Consulting Associate Director is also expected to contribute to the broader Climate & Sustainability Group (CSG) by providing creative ideas towards client engagement, consulting project execution and business development.
- Act as thought leader and go-to person on the renewables industry and associated market developments and apply deep knowledge towards execution of client project assignments. Primary responsibilities will include: interacting with clients to identify the core issue(s) to be addressed; formulating the appropriate response; developing an appropriate responsive proposal; negotiating with the client and IHS Markit support services (for internal approval purposes) to successful proposal close; applying CSG and other business line research output to solving client problems; providing feedback and support to the wider CSG research effort as required; providing deliverables in the form of written reports and client presentations; and continually developing and enhancing client relations and bottom line results.
- Lead consulting projects and as driven by business needs by working in collaboration with a broader team. Will contribute renewables expertise to assignments and perform various activities to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects and meet or exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Effectively supervise other team members. Provide guidance, support and on-the-job learning opportunities for project team members.
- Respond to client questions on consulting deliverables of various complexities in a timely and accurate manner on renewable industry issues and utilizing resources and judgement to address questions and/or refer questions to appropriate staff.
- Continuously broaden knowledge to adjacent energy topics, and build external recognition through interactions with clients, presentations at client, company and industry events, and collaboration with sales/marketing staff.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate sound/proven experience in scoping, managing and leading projects, including: developing project scopes to fit customers' needs, objectives, budgets and timelines; creating proposals and pitching solutions to customers; interacting with customers; primary and secondary market research; managing and analyzing data; report writing, and producing actionable recommendations for customers; and presenting key project findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, engineering or industry-related fields required; post-graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years working directly in the renewables industry, or in a consulting capacity, with knowledge of renewables and general power industry operations.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective/productive communications with key people including senior level clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Solid leadership skills in leading/influencing without direct authority, with experience building successful global relationships/teams and working within them to generate positive results.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills are essential, including the ability to relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally, and to form strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Ability to interact and coordinate with diverse internal research teams located all around the world.
- Experience with internal teams/external customers of diverse cultures and international background.
- Strong analytical capabilities: ability to draw robust insights from complex and uncertain data.
- Ability to find innovative solutions to novel problems.
- Highly organized with accomplished time and project management skills.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Travel up to 25% may be required for customer-facing activities.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.