Associate Director - Relationship Management - Real Estate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 02 Oct 17 2017-10-02
The Role Based in either in our Norwich or London office you will manage and be accountable for the credit quality of a portfolio of commercial mortgage loans and will assume responsibility for the management of associated borrower relationships.
- Undertake an annual review of the credit quality of each loan within the portfolio
- Meet each borrower on an annual basis and undertake property visits
- Monitor and report on loan covenant compliance on a quarterly basis
- Negotiate finance documents from credit approval of agreed heads of terms through to completion
- Negotiate relevant legal documentation in relation to loan events
- Underwrite any loan events and to prepare approval papers for presentation to credit committee
- Follow up any new business origination leads with portfolio borrowers and to introduce to the Origination team for underwriting and credit approval
- Liaise and work with a number of internal functions including Aviva Investors Real Estate, credit function, Origination Team, relevant committees, Real Estate Strategy and Research Team etc
- Degree or relevant experience
- Good understanding of the UK secured property lending market
- Good presentational and report writing skills
- Highly numerate with the ability to analyse financial data.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Real estate loan documentation (preferably LMA standard) and execution capability
- Previous experience of credit and real estate underwriting with the ability to underwrite a variety of loan events
- Loan management experience including preparing annual credit reviews.
- Operating successfully within a performance and profit generating culture.
- Autonomous, detailed focused individual.
- Good IT skills including Excel and Word.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.