Location: London Grade: 12 (Internal Purpose only) The Role:
The EMEA Structured Finance Practice has an Associate Director opening in the Commercial Credit team and is looking to fill it as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be based in one of our European offices and will have responsibility for undertaking analysis for the CMBS team. The role requires also to act as a ratings' role model, setting measurable targets, setting priorities, problem solving and helping to improve and enhance ratings' processes and procedures. The Impact:
The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will have responsibility for helping the undertaking of the analysis for the CMBS team. As an Associate Director you will have direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of credits and be responsible for conducting credit and financial analysis, reviewing, researching and managing data/transaction documents, running credit models, analyzing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation. You will be expected to provide analytical reasoning in committees and discussion within the team, and to act proactively toward resolution of issues, to investigate root causes for problem solving and be knowledgeable on the appropriate criteria. You will be an effective communicator working within the Structured Finance Analytical team as well as being an ambassador for S&P Global Ratings with market participants, through effective communication with issuers and investors. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues. As new asset classes evolve, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different proposals. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem-solving The Career Opportunity:
You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types, it encompasses compelling analytical expertise and effective management skills. The Team / The Business:
You will report to the Analytical Manager, Commercial Credit and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists. Your Skills:
Bachelor degree is required and possibly completed or pursuing post graduate studies/CFA. You must have good attention to detail and numerical skills, and an ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of data. You have good English writing skills to prepare professional analyses and reports. A good understanding of securitisation and financial markets and prior exposure to Real Estate, CREs as well as CMBS is a must. You are a proactive individual who has a willingness to learn attitude and an analytical mind-set.
Advanced skills in python and/or R will be a distinctive advantage. An additional language is a positive. What's in it for you?
Structured Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving.
Furthermore, there is the possibility to participate to the Company Data Science initiatives. Responsibilities
- Ownership of a portfolio of credits, mainly including CMBS across jurisdictions.
- Independently preparing and presenting analysis and recommendations to credit committees
- Conducting analyses on complicated SF transactions with appropriate risk factor identification, measurement, and presentation
- Actively participating in committees as voting member to decide ratings outcomes
- Working closely with analysts to provide research and analysis for the Structured Finance team
- Review and run cash flow models
- Analyze data and review documentation for the analytical team
- Undertake research in support of S&P Global Ratings published commentaries
- Communicating with the clients and market players for rating rationale and criteria application
- Understand and implement S&P's Policies and SOPs
- Take the lead on special projects within Structured Finance as appropriate
About S&P Global Ratings
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related subject
- Relevant industry experience in Real Estate, CREs and/or CMBS or related analytical fields. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 7 or more years of analytical work experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes
- Solid analytical capability, team player and has good time management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame
- Self-starter and proactive attitude and effective team player.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong Excel skills (formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, data, filters).
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264666 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom