Associate Dir Product Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
Associate Dir Product Manager
Job Title: Associate Dir Product Manager
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Associate Director, Product Management (Marine & Logistics)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world's leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
The Associate Director, Product Management will be a key role within the Maritime & Trade business line responsible for driving the business line's revenue growth, profit margin and market share in the marine & logistics markets through market-driven strategies and effective product management. You will be responsible for identifying market trends and drivers and translating these into viable business and product opportunities. The key focus will be to create solutions from ideation to launch that exceed market expectations and then become the "must-have" business intelligence platform for anyone working in these sectors and deliver exceptional commercial performance.
- Manage the commercial launch and growth strategy for new product launches; working with colleagues internationally to define the sales and marketing strategy, competitor landscape, value proposition, and partnership models, as well lead on the implementation and effectiveness against KPIs of the tactical plan.
- Monitor and report on portfolio performance (revenue and registrations); analysing trends, driving action with internal stakeholders when performance dips, as well as monitoring costs and profitability, to ensure that the portfolio continues to deliver against business objectives.
- Oversee portfolio performance and lead cross-functional strategies and campaigns to address external threats.
- Identify new product development opportunities, and lead on the development and validation of the business case to support the proposition.
- Lead on the business model and pricing strategies the portfolio.
- Drive commercial opportunities/big contracts; working with internal stakeholders to identify potential opportunities and pitch solutions to potential partners, developing the proposed value proposition, and leading the development of these commercial solutions, bringing in experts as needed.
- Champion the proposition; participating in new market and product launches, both internally and externally, and leading on initiatives to increase the sales team's advocacy and knowledge of the portfolio.
- Monitor the marketplace; identifying and sharing information on global skills gaps, trends and key competitor activity, driving action through other teams where necessary.
- Manage and define the commercial operational plan and budget, ensuring that activities provide value for money and are in line with Maritime & Trade.
- Champion commercial thinking within the department; acting as a coach for others and leading on training to develop the department's commercial skills.
- Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips will be required.
- Typically extensive experience in the maritime or trade markets. The role will require expert level understanding of market structure, trading and participants in the relevant area of knowledge.
- Recent experience in product management will be beneficial
- Experience of independently managing multiple projects across multiple product teams within a matrix organization, and demonstrated experience in working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to successfully lead multidisciplinary, geographical dispersed project teams, while meeting deadlines and budgets
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including ability to independently write or edit customer-facing or external communications, as well the ability to develop and conduct presentations for clients, prospects and executive management
- Bachelors degree in maritime business, or equivalent maritime qualifications, desirable but not essential.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.