Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
- Japanese Corporate Banking Division (JCBD) (London) is a front office in charge of business development of customers located in United Kingdom, Ireland and other demarcated countries in EMEA of which ultimate parents are Japanese Corporates.
- Credit analyst team sits within the Corporate Banking Department together with the relationship management team, and its main responsibilities is to support the existing credit related businesses as well as origination of new credit businesses.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Contribute to credit analyst team’s workflows and activities through the monitoring of an assigned portfolio and the delivery of high quality credit and borrower rating applications with the assistance of more senior members of the team where appropriate.
- The role will require an ability to meet specific deadlines for the facility and borrower rating renewals of existing customers, as well as to be able to respond to an urgent ad-hoc request from the customer/RM’s requests, any credit related support including documentation process to be given for the origination of new businesses.
- Perform submission of credit and borrower rating applications as well as other monthly and quarterly reports as directed in line with the Bank’s global rules on a timely manner.
- Provide high quality credit analysis and monitoring for the assigned customers within JCBD along with the specific sector/industry analysis in order to submit applications and relevant reports.
- Provide overall support associated with credit transactions to respective RMs and other sections within JCBD as well as to the analyst team to deliver JCBD’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with other branches/offices, primary offices and credit division to deliver the transaction to meet the customers’ needs.
- Undertake and support various credit related tasks as directed by the Department Head, team leader of credit analyst team as well as the senior management.
- Work proactively to develop technical skills and industry knowledge related to role, as well as to obtain good understanding of Bank’s global policies and JCBD/EMEA specific policies and procedures.
- Undertake financial information input and G-CARS (Global Credit Application & Rating System) entries for market risk transactions in order to develop technical skills.
- Experience in credit analysis and/or in a front office function is desirable
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of MUFG credit processes and procedures (or similar experience in another organization)
- Practical experience of preparing credit and borrower rating applications preferred
- Highly numerate with a good attention to detail, strong customer focus and sound organizational skills
- Ability manage various tasks and work towards tight deadlines
- Sounds knowledge of word, excel, and PowerPoint
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree Level and/or relevant industry expertise
- Candidate must be aware of Japanese working culture and its demand
- A proactive, motivated approach
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong customer focus
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.