Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
- The Credit Analysis team is the Bank’s first line of defence sitting alongside GCIB bankers to promote an optimal risk / return on the banks’ lending opportunities.
- Credit analysis is a 40+ team organised into 5 sector teams. Each credit analyst is responsible for managing risk exposure across an EMEA wide portfolio. Analysts work with Front Office teams on live transactions & risk monitoring to identify and mitigate risks associated with the structure, documentation, counterparty, industry and macroeconomics.
- Expanding Financial Institutions (FI) Strategy now provides opportunity for a candidate with more experience and a broader skillset as the Bank develops its franchise with sophisticated clients with more complex products/transactions.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- We are looking for an ambitious FI credit analyst to cover a varied portfolio of banks across developed and emerging economies. Additionally, experience of Insurance Companies and NBFI (e.g. asset managers and sponsors) experience would also be highly beneficial, to assist with the build out of the NBFI strategy; in this area, the role can include an active part in the development of more complex products in conjunction with other product teams.
- The credit analyst will perform forward looking fundamental credit calls on live transactions, limit renewals and annual reviews; working side by side with relationship bankers and product partners.
- MUFG EMEA’s FI strategy will drive deeper client relationships amongst Insurance, Sponsors and Asset Managers via delivery of 5 key products (Securitised products, Secured finance, FX, Rates, Credit); the credit analyst will support these transactions.
- Quickly assess key credit issues, raise salient points to the correct stakeholders and to assess the risk- reward trade off.
- Clear and concise presentation of key risks/ mitigants in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to multi-task and manage ever-changing and often conflicting priorities; Ability to work with a high level of motivation and initiative;
- Work diligently to develop technical skills and industry knowledge related to the role.
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance with internal rules and reporting procedures.
- As directed support the development of junior staff members assigned to the team.
- Extensive experience in fundamental FI credit/ Insurance /NBFI analysis gained in either a bank, asset manager or rating agency environment.
- There should be an emphasis on credit analysis in the context of a transaction or event, or a strong motivation to move into a more transaction driven environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Experience of covering FIs/Insurance in EMEA. Experience of NBFI would also be beneficial.
- A good understanding of loan documentation and key credit protections.
- Understanding of market risk and ISDA/CSA documents would be preferred/ beneficial.
- European or Japanese language skills desirable (but not essential) and ability to work across regions with locally based GCIB bankers.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level and professional qualifications desirable. Either completed or working towards CFA, ACCA, ACA, ACT or similar qualifications would be highly beneficial. There is scope for MUFG to sponsor such professional qualification.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numerical skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.