Associate, Corporate Ratings Advisory
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
See job description for details
We're looking for an Associate to join our Corporate Ratings Advisory franchise in London
- This is a chance to join a strong Ratings Advisory franchise, working with companies and assisting them on obtaining and maintaining their credit ratings
- You'll have the opportunity to work with clients, providing hands-on support to more senior members of the Rating Advisory team in the context of client situations, and you'll develop a strong technical expertise of ratings and structuring
- You'll have the opportunity to work with senior members of the Rating Advisory Team and clients, and to collaborate with colleagues across all RBS Coverage, Financing and Risk Teams
What you'll do
In the course of your work you'll:
- Provide accurate, relevant and insightful input into client pitches and discussions (for example quantitative and qualitative analysis, presentation slides, analysis of how Rating Agency methodologies will apply)
- Assist in the creation of insightful client pitches with ratings focus and ideas
- Assist in responding to relevant client questions and developing client solutions
- Assist in the execution of Ratings Advisory mandates for clients
- Build close relationships promoting cooperation with colleagues across all RBS Coverage, Financing and Risk Teams
- Engage with the Rating Agencies to understand the application of their methodologies
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of ratings advisory in a top-tier investment or commercial banking environment. You should have an undergraduate degree in a financial or commercial discipline, and a qualification as an accountant and CFA Level 1,2,3.
We'll also expect:
- Experience working in a credit ratings advisory team with a top tier investment or commercial bank
- Excellent knowledge of credit rating agency methodologies
- Experience in dealing with actual credit rating situations with corporate clients
- Experience going through at least two first time credit rating processes
- Excellent analytical abilities, including demonstrated knowledge of financial modelling and credit analysis
- An ability to construct presentations independently and with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various parts of a project team
- An ability to multi-task and respond to shifting priorities on several simultaneous projects
What else you need to know
Posting date: 5 March 2018
Closing date for applications: 3 April 2018
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.