Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual
and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home. The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes. The Role: Associate, Compliance (Financial Crime)
As a Compliance Associate at Gemini, you will be tasked with helping to develop Gemini UK's financial crime framework. You will need to have an understanding of applicable legislation, regulations and guidance covering all financial crime processes, but particularly concerning customer due diligence, transaction monitoring, name screening, suspicious activity investigations and suspicious activity reporting, and anti-bribery and corruption. This position will have frequent interaction with Gemini's senior management, third party vendors/auditors, and multiple departments within Gemini's organisation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick learner who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. We seek a motivated individual with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and with strong experience in financial crime.
Gemini's Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of a best-in-class compliance department. Responsibilities:
- Assist in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of financial crime processes
- Support the development of policies, procedures and processes related to financial crime
- Perform suspicious activity investigations utilising blockchain analytics tools and prepare SAR filings for review by the MLRO
- Review institutional onboarding applications escalated by international teams
- Support the review and approval process of high-risk accounts
- Assist in preparing for internal and external audits, developing financial crime management information, and preparing regulatory reports
- Assist management in the development and delivery of financial crime training
- Assist on financial crime projects with the opportunity to assist on other compliance projects
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across the enterprise to address any compliance related issues
- Balance numerous projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business-specific projects, as required
- Act as a UK subject matter expert on UK legislation and regulations
- BA/BSc degree or international equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on AML/CTF compliance.
- Strong understanding of KYC requirements including CIP, CDD and EDD best practices
- Strong understanding of the UK suspicious activity reporting process
- Good organizational skills and time management
- Experience working in a regulated finance or FinTech industry
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Flexibility working across multiple projects and tasks in a fast-growth environment
- Experience of UK regulatory regimes, with the ability to quickly pick up new concepts
It Pays to Work Here
- Exposure to blockchain tracing/analytics tools or blockchain concepts
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.