Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Client Data Quality & Off-boarding Team is part of Client Management Services Division which is situated within the Corporate and Investment Banking Division of MUFG Bank. However, this function acts as a centralized 1st line support team, providing support to both to both MUFG Bank London and MUFG Securities.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Recognising the ongoing Regulatory and potential Internal Change agenda, the understanding of any Client relationship impact and the subsequent Outreach and Transition management is a fundamental business consideration. At all times, ensuring all relationships are clear on the change, the potential impact and steps the organisation is taking to ensure a positive and efficient client experience.
This role is to support Head of Client Data Quality and Off-boarding with the build-out of a Client Data Centre of Excellence, with the responsibility for all planning and execution of the related activities across the required business lines.
- Proactive in Identifying Data Quality Issues. Drive tactical data remediation (both for MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities) along with setting up strategic frameworks for maintenance of data.
- Identification and forward planning of all initiatives where client data will be a requirement
- Acting as Client Data SME along with developing a good understanding of Bank & Securities Systems including querying Systems where required.
- Establish Offboard Framework for MUFG Bank along with setting up procedures for junior staff to follow.
- Key player in projects driving improvement on Client Data & Client Experience
- Driving Salesforce initiatives both as an Outreach Tool and for strategic initiatives such as validation of Client Sales Ownership & Offboarding.
- Execution of all client data consolidation and collation related initiatives in line with the organisation’s strategic roadmap
- Status reporting across multiple business lines and functions within the organisation
- Maintain and Publish MI relating to Client Data Remediation Efforts and Client Data Frameworks.
- Training and Development of more junior members of staff.
- Drive decisions to ensure optimal solutions are based on both commercial and business requirements.
- Identifying opportunities for improving our end-to-end customer experience
- Identification of key dependencies, stakeholder engagement through to resolution
One or more of the following is essential:
- Extensive experience in Front Office (1LoD) management environment
- Extensive experience in Project management experience with a proven track record of delivery
- Client Data SME with a good understanding of the importance of Data Quality.
- Previous experience within a top tier financial institution preferable, but not essential
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Strong Data SME background with a good understanding of Client Data and how it impacts the Client Experience.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with a focus on regulatory adherence
- Hands on Advanced Excel skills and track record of successful data management initiatives
- Tangible experience of running data and MI initiatives within a complex organizational structure, with the ability to demonstrate successful outcomes
- Experience of creating processes and delivering services by using tools such as data mapping, data and business flow diagrams
- Strong Stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of investment and corporate banking products and services and how they impact or support clients across sectors / regions
- Strong leadership and demonstrates initiative especially in a matrix organization
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills are essential
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Excel (data manipulation, lookups, pivot tables, macros) and Powerpoint (Clear, concise, well formatted reporting).
- Excellent Attention to detail.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree level education in relevant subject (e.g. finance, maths, physics etc.)
- Other beneficial qualifications (e.g. MBA, CFA, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Advanced Excel, Powerpoint).
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.