Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Carry out secondary research by utilizing databases, internet and public domain tools.
- Perform field work necessary for case development by gathering, processing and reviewing a variety of information to produce high quality and thorough analysis. Tasks include;
- Reviewing, subject emails, contracts and other documentation, with the aim of finding key information and patterns to support case development.
- Reviewing accounts and cross checking against relevant documentation.
- Reviewing fraudulent paperwork and documentation.
- Reviewing existing company procedures and suggesting internal controls.
- Conducting database searches and asset searches using various public domain sources.
- Examine and interpret the information obtained to produce in-depth and detail-orientated analysis, identifying further research that needs to be carried out and what leads need to be investigated.
- Ability to analyse and interrogate large amounts of financial data and present findings coherently using Excel.
- Effectively feedback the findings and analysis to the Case Manager in a logical and structured manner, identifying potential issues and conflicts of interest identified in the research.
- Write well structured, logical and objective reports which present the research in a client focused manner and addresses the clients' central questions and concerns.
- Assist Case Managers in using Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations to present key findings and patterns identified in the investigation.
- Understand and comply with UK, European & US regulations relating and gain a deep understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions.
- Organise case files, maintain accurate research records and record all billable costs.
- Support the growth of the Investigations & Disputes Practice through involvement in non-case related projects and initiatives.
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities and continuously seek to improve case-work performance
- Fluent English language proficiency
- German Language proficiency
- Strong academic background with a proven ability to gather, order and draw conclusions from the information researched.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills.
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- An analytical, inquisitive and logical mind.
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines).
- Excellent report writing skills.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.