Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to appraise and manage risk and to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of assessing and analyzing risk, resolving disputes and successfully conducting internal inquiries. Our analysts and experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to understand new opportunities, markets, business partners or complex situations. Whether in the context of corporate disputes, strategic planning or investigations of internal wrongdoing, Kroll's intelligence gathering, analysis and consulting frequently put our consulting services at the centre of our clients' decision making process.
Kroll's Russia and CIS practice combines an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business environment and practices in Russia, the countries of the CIS, and other Eastern European jurisdictions, with detailed information gathering to provide insight and critical analysis for clients.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Associates in Kroll's BII practice will collect information through public and commercial databases, subjecting the intelligence to rigorous analysis, and then prepare reports and oral briefings for clients. They may also support investigations through document and electronic data review and employ other investigative techniques, while utilizing the highest standards of ethics and integrity. They will be expected to achieve key performance targets in terms of billable hours and utilization.
- Carry out research on proprietary databases, internet and public domain tools.
- Critically analyse and evaluate a variety of information sources, including human intelligence, against knowledge of the Russia and CIS region to provide insightful context
- Draft reports and summarise findings for senior colleagues and assist in report preparation for clients
- Collate and organise large volumes of data.
- Conduct document and e-mail review and analysis.
- Provide administrative support to Case Managers.
- Assist Case Managers in using Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations to present key findings and patterns identified in the investigation.
- Communicate regularly with colleagues to inform of progress of case work, highlighting key issues where necessary.
- Organise case files, maintain accurate research records and record all billable costs.
- Provide additional support to other teams when required.
- Russian-language proficiency
- Strong academic background
- Good research and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to convert data and information to produce PowerPoint presentations.
- Awareness of sensitivities of working in a variety of cultural and political environments.
- Ability to communicate to Case Managers and colleagues with impact.
- Intellectually curious and adept at navigating ambiguity.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written required
- Knowledge of the business environment in Russia and/or CIS countries
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or other language in Eastern Europe/the CIS a plus
- Knowledge of data mining and electronic review platforms a plus
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.