Associate Analysts - Macro Research - September 2020
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Successful applicants will join the
Fitch Solutions' Macro Research team as a graduate Associate Analyst. The Macro Research team uses its expertise across political, economic and industry risk to deliver comprehensive analysis and strategic insight to the world's top, corporates, financial institutions and policymakers. The aim is to enable our clients to understand the full range of risks and opportunities relevant to their operations.
The 12-month programme will give candidates the extensive training they need to become a successful analyst within the Macro Research team. The programme is rotational and each Associate Analyst will receive intensive induction training before undertaking four, three-month rotations, working across a combination of our Automotives, Country Risk, Commodities (Agribusiness/Mining/Metals), Consumer, Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, TMT, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, and Custom research teams.
Throughout the programme we will provide extensive training in subjects such as macroeconomics, commodity price forecasting, financial markets and industry-specific analysis and modelling. Our Associate Analyst curriculum consists of peer sessions, on-the-job application and self-learning. Associate Analysts will have access to regular training seminars hosted by senior members of the research team and other members of the Fitch Group, in combination with rigorous hands-on guidance from senior team members. Associate Analyst - Role and Responsibilities
- Contributing analytical research on a daily basis primarily through articles, reports but also through webinars and client interaction
- Managing a portfolio of countries, producing analysis and reports assessing risks and opportunities, and creating 10-year forecasts
- Collaborating with country risk, financial market and industry analysts across global offices to ensure holistic, cutting-edge analysis
- Helping to shape the Fitch Solutions Macro Research team's global industry/country risk views and integrating views on the global/regional economy and individual sectors.
- Overseeing key sector developments and identifying value-added multi-asset investment themes
- Working alongside our Sales team and directly with our clients to communicate key views and promote our business
- 2:1 UK equivalent degree
- A strong academic background and a passion for the subject matter. Candidates need to show interest in financial markets, a basic understanding of macro principles and familiarity with world affairs. A trainee analyst will need to demonstrate ambition and a desire to learn and continue to develop as an analyst from day one.
- Candidates will also need a strong academic track record and be in their last year of study, ideally related to finance, economics political science or international relations. We also welcome applications from candidates from other disciplines such as humanities, social sciences, engineering and sciences.