Associate Analyst - Equities Research
- Competitive plus Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- T. Rowe Price International
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
The Equities Research Associate Analyst will support senior Research Analysts in assimilating information and reaching investment decisions. The position will be broad and varied involving attending company meetings, conducting field research, forecasting profits & cash flow as well as valuing businesses.
The successful candidate should have modelling experience and working knowledge of accounting and finance coupled with a keen interest and passion for investing. Working alongside experienced investors on our global platform will help you learn the necessary skills to develop into a successful investor.
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 5 years) to assess potential company earnings and cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, price-to-earnings ratio and price-to-cash flow ratios.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' interim results and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Attends company investor days, investment conferences, and field trips, and reports key findings.
- Handles various projects such as supply chain analysis, proprietary surveys, managing stock valuation lists for possible buys/sells, and quantitative screening of companies which in turn provides information to Analysts that help make them more effective buy/sell decisions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis experience including accounting & financial modelling skills
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience (buy-side, sell-side, M&A banking, private equity)
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially public equities
- Candidate should be highly motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal and/or professional investment experience
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)
- CFA designation or in progress