- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst – Financial Institutions Group - London
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role
Provide lead analysts in the Ratings and Research (R&R) function with holistic credit analysis of issuers - for both ratings and research. The lead analysts will review work produced by Associate Analyst (AA), and build on preliminary analysis to formulate more comprehensive credit analysis. The AA role supports lead analysts in interactions with external markets, including issuers and investors.
The AA role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution towards the success of the RRS and R&R functions by providing a range of analytical support that contributes to overall credit analysis outcomes.
The AA role will focus primarily on one Line of Business (Funds & Asset Management), and there is the potential for cross-training, in supporting varying portfolios and methodologies in other LOBs, as part of career progression. The AA role provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Provides analytical and research support on a portfolio of credits under the principal direction of lead analysts in the Ratings & Research function
- Provides initial review and quality assessment of work products from more junior RRS associates
- Performs holistic analysis of issuers and market and applies, with moderate guidance, relevant Moody's methodologies
- Supports lead analysts in advanced and bespoke analytical tasks, examples include:
- Analysis of debt documentation; prepare rating committee memo; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings
- Provide credit specific nuance and identify credit issues that affect issuer ratings for discussion with lead analyst or RRS Team Manager
- Effectively and persuasively communicates credit knowledge and rating analysis rationale in both written and oral form
- Periodically accompanies lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; supports lead analyst in ongoing interactions
- Attends/ presents certain sections of RC memos in certain Rating Committees (primarily for development purposes)
- Develops and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues
- Performs certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions
- Undergraduate degree required with relevant work experience.Graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred
- Knowledge of the funds and asset management industry a strong advantage
- Proven credit experience e.g. at a bank, corporate or investor (in related field) preferred
- Solid accounting knowledge a must
- Progress towards completion of CFA preferred
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint OR Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Fluency in English is essential
- Other European languages a strong advantage
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.