Associate - Retail Operations
About the opportunity Department Description
The Retail Operations Dealing and Maintenance Team is new team within the UK being created to support Operational Resilience.
Operational Resilience requires us to be able to embed capabilities, processes, behaviours and systems which allow an organisation to continue to carry out its activities should there be any type of disruption.
The joint FCA, PRA and BoE regulation requires firms to demonstrate an understanding of how they operate their most important business services. This includes planning for disruptive events as well as seeking to prevent them.
The team will work alongside the function in India and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth processing of a Fidelity customer's financial or non-financial instruction. The function performs varied tasks that takes care of various stages of the customer's journey, including but not limited to creating an account, placing a deal, correcting errors, settling deals, monitoring fraud, and transferring holdings from other companies to Fidelity. Purpose of your role
The role involves ensuring customer (both internal FIL staff and external FIL investors) instructions are dealt accurately and in timely manner. The specific set of duties will depend on which team an individual joins. The individual is required to liaise with various teams across locations to ensure work is completed on time and any potential issues are escalated in a timely manner to the appropriate level of management. Along with managing the daily work, the individual would also be required to pick up additional tasks and responsibilities efficiently depending on his tenure and experience within and outside the team. The individual should demonstrate a high level of commitment to our customers and constantly aim to improve service one can provide to them by adhering to and show casing Fidelity values.
The role requires highly energetic individuals who are inquisitive with a creative bent of mind and who can challenge the status quo and identify new ways of working. Key Responsibilities
- Develop an understanding of Fidelity's products and businesses as well as the internal and external clients
- To process work items within agreed service level and to the required quality levels.
- Ensure that Quality, Productivity and regulatory standards are adhered t
- Demonstrate ownership in managing the queues to ensure that all the instructions are processed on time
- To identify risks in the team proactively and drive forward ideas to mitigate these risks
- Taking ownership of individual issues and ensuring that they are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer and client
- Maintain confidentiality in handling client sensitive information
- Be able to record data accurately that could be used for relevant Management Information, and ability to effectively understand MI that is published and its impact on their performance
Required Experience, Mindset and Qualifications:
- To keep supervisor informed of work in progress and escalate any possible issues which will impact on the timeframe to complete
- To ensure knowledge of procedures are kept up to date, and any new procedures implemented
- To drive quality improvement initiatives in the team
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Understand financial markets and products and apply that knowledge in resolving customer issues
- Identify and explain various processes within Retail Operations along with their service level agreements, key performance indicators for those teams
- Should be able to explain the key principles of Risk and the escalation process and should be able to understand and mitigate the impact of risk
- Be able to analyse data and publish relevant Management Information
- Have the ability to impart knowledge and understanding of the systems and tools used within the process and teams to new joiners of the team
- Be aware of the customer feedback trends relating to their process including Complaints, Net Promoter Score etc.
- A true team player who will be happy to volunteer to assist colleagues when necessary
- Open to change and adaptable
- Assertive and self-motivated and an ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Commitment and professionalism
- Can do attitude
About you About Fidelity International
- Strong logical and analytical skills with attention to detail coupled with excellent English communication skills
- Good computer skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point will be preferred
- Ability to remain highly motivated and focused towards the key performance measurements
- Adaptable to changing business needs - a team player with a flexible approach and the ability to multi-task
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.