Associate - Economist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
See job description for details
Associate Global Economics
The successful candidate would contribute to the macroeconomic research of the Global economics team as a Junior Economist. The role would include maintaining and creating global data bases, helping to coordinate the global forecasting process, analysing global and country data, putting together presentations for the Co-Heads of Global Economics and undertaking analysis for medium-term research projects. Over time, the role would also involve writing briefing notes independently, speaking to clients across fixed income and equities and presenting at internal and external meetings.
Morgan Stanley are looking for a highly talented individual who combines strong analytical skills with attention to detail. Applicants need to be able to work within a small, but diverse team across a number of locations, and should be able to both collaborate with, and contribute to, the global team’s thought process. The ideal candidate will need to be proactive and able to think on their feet. At the same time they will need to work diligently, stay focused on completing the task and be resourceful and enthusiastic. In addition, applicants must be able to work on their own initiative and be capable of solving problems independently and to question conventional wisdom.
• Degree in Economics or Statistics/Econometrics or equivalent.
• Strong background in economics required. Focus in international economics would be an asset.
• Statistical proficiency and practical experience in data management and time series analysis.
• Good knowledge of empirical methods and proficiency in using eViews.
• Excellent IT skills related to data manipulation and automation.
• Strong capabilities to communicate clearly both in written work and in verbal presentations.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.