Associate - Corporate Finance - Illiquid Financial Assets
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 16 Apr 19
The Illiquid Financial Assets practice within our Financial Institution Group is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the team in the London office. You will be actively involved in transaction-oriented work for our clients, including bank recapitalizations, M&A and buyers, sellers and managers of portfolios across a broad range of financial assets. You will work with a talented, dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns facing global markets today
Houlihan Lokey’s Financial Institutions Group was ranked as the #1 M&A advisor to the specialty finance industry in 2016 and cumulatively over the last 10 years, according to SNL Financial based on number of deals.
As an Associate you are an instrumental members of the deal teams, which typically comprise a combination of a Managing Director, Vice President, Associate, and Financial Analyst. Associates are expected to have strong intellectual curiosity and problem solving abilities that will be rewarded with challenging work and a high level of responsibility in return. Associates work across all industry verticals within Financial Services and will be afforded the opportunity to obtain a very diverse understanding of the Financial Institution landscape.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and as such rewards Financial Analysts with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals.
- Prepare, analyze and help explain historical and projected financial information
- Work on a variety of transactions that provide exposure to various investment banking services, including M&A, private placements of debt and equity, refinancing and leveraged buyouts
- Create financial models
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence
- Prepare confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations
- Value companies and businesses
- Lead the planning and execution of marketing engagements
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients and prospective clients and professional advisors
- Supervise junior staff members in financial analyses
- Assist in the marketing and planning of engagements
- Develop relevant general FIG Corporate Finance and Illiquid Financial Assets skills
Qualifications / Requirements
- You will be currently working as an Associate in an Investment Bank
- 5+ years of prior experience in Investment Banking (FIG or IFA team)
- Additional experience in Financial Institutions or Illiquid Financial Assets teams
- Have a strong academic track record and a degree in accounting, economics and or finance
- Demonstrated modelling skills
- An understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
The candidate must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V