Associate - Corporate Finance - Capital Markets
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 16 Apr 19
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
Our Capital Markets Group operates within Corporate Finance/M&A and is one of the firm’s fastest growing practices. As trusted advisors, we have the proven ability to engineer and execute financing solutions that are essential for growth and success. We offer access to financing in the public and alternative capital markets through the issuance of debt, equity, or hybrid securities.
Our team is comprised of c. 35 professionals and provides clients with independent solutions free from conflicts of interest arising from credit extensions or proprietary investments. This dedicated team of financial professionals handles large, complex engagements and all aspects of capital raising to help maximize its clients’ financial flexibility over the long term. Thanks to our extensive relationships with alternative capital providers, we have the unique ability to raise customized capital for those situations where the public markets do not offer an attractive solution.
Houlihan Lokey's Capital Markets team has decades of combined experience and a track record of successfully executed financings in a variety of market conditions.
The Capital Markets Group in EMEA is a rapidly growing team, advising clients on the origination, structuring, and execution of private and public debt financings across numerous industries. Over the past several years the Europe-based team advised on financing transactions totalling c.€7 billion of commitments.
Team members work on transactions providing exposure to various debt products and financing structures, such as bank debt/ senior loans, second-lien debt, unitranche debt, mezzanine debt and structured equity for a variety of situations, including growth capital, acquisition financing, refinancings and repricings, dividend recapitalizations, and special situations.
You will be expected to take client and deal execution ownership quickly and your responsibilities will include
- Leading preparation of confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations
- Preparing, analysing and helping explain historical and projected financial models in support of executing ongoing engagements
- Assisting in originating new client engagements for the Capital Markets team spanning various jurisdictions, industries, and situations
- Assisting in relationship coverage of active debt investors, including banks, credit funds, hedge funds, and other alternative lenders
- Coordinating third-party work by various other professional advisors and perform business due diligence
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards top performers with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A strong academic track record
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in European Credit Markets, preferably in Leveraged Finance
- Proven experience in executing debt capital transactions and managing and mentoring Analysts
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Strong LBO and DCF modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential; an additional European language will be favourably regarded
The ideal candidate will have a strong set of qualifications and desire to be a long-term partner in a growing franchise of a top-ranked global advisory firm, but he or she will also know how to balance work and leisure to have fun.
You must be motivated and have the ability to work independently and cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V