- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Expand Research, a company of the Boston Consulting Group
- 18 Mar 19
Founded in 2001, Expand Research is a specialist firm that provides unique business intelligence and decision support services via benchmarking and market research across the global financial services industry. The majority of Expand’s activities are focused on strategic cost and human resourcing benchmarking across a variety of financial services sectors.
Expand Research is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group, and is headquartered in London with offices in Singapore and New York. We offer candidates the opportunity to work in a stimulating environment in the Square Mile in London or in BCG’s offices in the new 10 Hudson Yards development in New York, and maintain a small company feel with regular social events and a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial working culture.
Go to www.expandresearch.com and explore our product offerings to learn more about our services.
Please note we are hiring for multiple Analysts to be based in either our London or New York offices.
Associates/Analysts support the Delivery team with data analysis of specific projects for clients in the financial services industry with a focus across Corporate and Investment Banking, Wealth & Asset Management, Commercial Banking or Retail Banking. The role involves working on large data sets, including handling and examining data and specifications in a benchmarking context, and using these to diagnose/solve clients’ problems or provide insights to help improve efficiency and business performance.
Associates/Analysts are encouraged to take responsibility for deliverables ranging from periodic benchmarking activities to bespoke client projects and industry roundtables. Additionally, they may assist with the management of individual client accounts and be involved in the development of internal initiatives.
While oversight is provided by senior team members, Expand’s culture puts emphasis on personal ownership from the very start of an employee’s career. Furthermore, Associates/Analysts play an active role in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle, from sales through to initial data collection, analysis, visualization and communication of the findings, allowing for a great deal of diversity on the job and the development of a broad skills set. As the role develops you will have an increasing level of direct client exposure, which in many cases reaches C-level executives.
The role requires an astute, articulate individual who, with clear instruction, will support the delivery process. The role involves learning and increasing business knowledge quickly, with the resulting opportunity to progress internally.
Basic job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or science subject, from a top university with a 2:1 (+3.2 GPA) or higher or corresponding equivalent
- Demonstrable interest in and knowledge of the financial services industry
- Relevant work experience/internship in consultancy, market research or financial services is preferred
- Exceptional analytical abilities, including the interpretation of large data sets and deciphering the findings into clear messages and visuals
- Effective written and verbal communication with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to develop an understanding of individual client needs and industry trends
- An entrepreneurial and creative mind-set
- A strong work ethic and service mentality with the ability to manage multiple tasks and stakeholders in parallel
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong MS Excel skills are preferred, and experience using SQL and VBA is an advantage
Please email your CV and covering letter, including why you are interested in this role and consider yourself to be a good fit for it, to:
US – email@example.com quoting reference USAAWS
UK – firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference UKAAWS
Please also include your current and desired salary and confirmation that you are permitted to work in the UK/US, along with your notice period/available start date.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Only candidates that are already authorised to work in the UK/US will be considered.
Expand Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.