Assistiant Vice President, Senior Marketing Services Specialist (must have German language skills)
- $85,000 GBP plus benefits including pension
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen - A TIAA Company
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
This position will serve two main areas in the Marketing Services department. Primary responsibilities will include coordinating and writing asset management proposals — responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) — under strict deadlines and often with very little lead-time, and for creating additional documents, including RFI’s, Due Diligence Questionnaires and ad hoc documents for external and internal clients. Additionally, the Senior Specialist will assist with the maintenance of existing presentations and the fulfillment of ad-hoc marketing pitchbooks requests.
About the Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com.
About the Role:
RFP Writer Role (60% time allocation)
The Senior Specialist must manage projects independently and with adherence to detailed client specifications, with turnaround times in a typical range of two to four weeks. Experience and knowledge of financial services and investments and the RFP process is preferred, as well as the ability to understand technical program aspects of the sale and to restate formally in clear, concise writing. In addition to working with senior managers at all levels of the company, the Senior Specialist interacts with product management and sales to integrate pricing into formal proposal documents, and interacts with subject matter experts to update product information and positioning and to customize proposals to the agreed-upon sales strategy.
- Manage, coordinate and lead RFP project from initial receipt through RFP delivery as outlined in the RFP Workflow Process.
- Write, edit, organize, and package compelling and well-positioned responses to Request for Proposals in compliance with client requirements.
- Ability to lead RFP-specific meetings with subject matter experts throughout the organization and responsible for ensuring the sales positioning is concurrent with sales strategy for each proposal.
- Proofread proposal for content, grammar, style and formatting.
- Develop and facilitate relationships with key business partners/stakeholders.
- Assist the Content Manager in managing and updating database content with responses from recent proposals.
- Keep current on program, technical and product and service enhancements or changes as they occur.
- Contribute to creating and distributing information on improving processes in proposal cycle to team and business partners.
Marketing Materials Fulfillment Role (40% time allocation)
The Senior Specialist must also independently manage workflow and deadlines associated with the maintenance and fulfillment of marketing materials. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with appropriate affiliate personnel to develop requested presentation materials for marketing and client service needs utilizing standardized templates and materials
- Coordinate on all operational aspects of request fulfillment, following proper protocol for review and compliance approval
- Project Manage Ad-Hoc requests effectively, ensuring that all constituents are kept informed on project progress
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, English, Communications or related field.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project and PowerPoint applications preferred.
• Experience with RFP database software.
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• German language skills – writing and reading
• 3-5 years of experience as an RFP Asset Management professional is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Investments preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the European financial marketplace is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of alternative asset classes preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and producing quality work
• Ability to quickly assimilate new information regarding specific product and technical topic.
• Ability to write accurately about a topic or concept immediately after introduction.
• Ability to interact with individuals throughout the organization, from technical staff to executive staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively on unfamiliar topics to elicit technical and program information necessary to answer client questions.
• Ability to work with little supervision as well as ability to request supervision or assistance when necessary to meet deadlines.