Assistant Vice President, Operations Quality Assurance
We have a dynamic opportunity within our Quality Assurance team, Operations Control Group on a permanent basis. We are looking to hire an Assistant Vice President candidate to ensure effective control oversight of Operations processing activities through pre-emptive monitoring and continuous risk assessment. This role will suit candidates coming from an Operations / Operational Risk / Audit or Quality Assurance background whom have knowledge of Operational process flow & risk analysis.
Overview of the Department/Section:
MUFG Securities is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vison to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Quality Assurance Team
The Quality Assurance team is part of the Operations Control group within the Operations division.
Operations Control is the segregated independent control function ensuring Transaction Processing and Clearing & Settlement Services execute appropriate control to mitigate its regulatory and operational risks.
Quality Assurance team’s role is to ensure effective control oversight of Operations processing activities through pre-emptive monitoring and continuous risk assessment.
Main Purpose of the Role:
• To act as an independent control function ensuring effective control oversight of Operations processing activities through pre-emptive monitoring and continuous risk assessment.
In this role you will be responsible for executing Risk Assessment and Risk Monitoring in EMEA offices including London, and provide support and solutions for operations related issues in EMEA, by cooperating with Associate Directors and supporting Associates.
• Performing off-site risk assessment of the EMEA branches
• Conducting on-site visits to EMEA branches, performing appropriate control checks and discussing the risk environment impacting the branch – realised or potential
• Operational Incident Root Cause and Countermeasure analysis
• Monthly Operations Risk and Management Information (ORMI) analysis
• Providing continual support and guidance to our EMEA stakeholders
• Strategic Initiatives and Activities related to Assuring Operations Quality
• New Product Application (NPA), collate responses and assess for operations risk
Skills and Experience:
• Good analytical skills from an operational perspective
• Understanding of the general Operational process flow
• Operations product knowledge useful but not essential
• Intermediate MS Excel and Word skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Good stakeholder management skills
• Experience in operational risk analysis
• Demonstrable stakeholder management skills
• Demonstrable time management skills
Education / Qualifications:
• Degree/College educated or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A proactive, motivated approach
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills