Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for supporting the Team Lead with:
- Developing, embedding and managing the Operational Resilience framework, tools and methodologies in line with regulatory requirements to enable the achievement of MUFG’s strategic objectives.
- Establishing collaborative relationships across MUFG Bank and MUSE, EMEA regional Offices and Tokyo Head Office using excellent interpersonal and building leadership skills, the role will influence and advise senior management to realise intended benefits.
- Supporting all appropriate Crisis Management incident response and training activities in London and EMEA.
- Ensuring adherence to HQ Tokyo and Local BCM governance activities
The role will work closely with the Operational Resilience Team Lead and Programme team to develop a strong capability in the first line of defence, defining and delivering sustainable and practical solutions for the management of operational resilience, Crisis Management Response and Business Continuity Management activities.
The role holder will have detailed knowledge of the Operational Resilience consultation papers (Dec 2019), and will gain experience working in a team ultimately responsible for successfully establishing Operational Resilience frameworks and capabilities within the organisation.
Responsible for supporting the Team Lead on developing, embedding and managing the Operational Resilience framework, tools and methodologies in line with regulatory requirements to enable the achievement of MUFG’s strategic objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting all tasks to promote awareness and understanding of Operational Resilience across the firm, supporting communications and training campaigns across all levels.
- Build on and maintain strong collaborative relationships across three lines of defence with key stakeholders, helping the SMF24, Service Owners and Resource Owners perform their duties in line with regulatory expectations.
- Assist business stakeholders responsible for identifying Important Business Services (IBS):
- Create and maintain the service taxonomy; review and update service categories;
- Identify and maintain the list of IBS ensure it is approved by the Board annually;
- Work with Service Owners across the business areas to update all IBS maps (incl. all processes, people, tech, data, 3rd parties) on a periodic basis or following a trigger event;
- Ensure updated maps are maintained and stored in the system of record.
- Actively participate in establishing and managing process to monitor resilience of IBS and critical resources:
- Define and manage metrics to monitor resilience of IBS and critical resources;
- Coordinate activity to assess resilience of critical resources that support each IBS (e.g. monthly attestations).
- Contribute to establishing and managing the process to set and review Impact Tolerances on a periodic basis or following a trigger event, working closely with Service Owners across the business areas to set an Impact Tolerance for each of MUFG’s Important Business Services.
- Assist business stakeholders with establishing and managing plausible and realistic Scenario Testing for all IBS:
- Define and maintain the catalogue of ‘severe but plausible’ scenarios;
- Coordinate and facilitate scenario testing workshops with relevant Service and Resource owners.
- Assist with establishing and managing the process to assess vulnerabilities, and define and deliver remedial actions:
- Support the business areas with assessing and prioritising weaknesses and vulnerabilities in resilience;
- Help the business to define appropriate remedial actions;
- Track delivery of actions and review evidence of gap closure.
- Participate in establishing and managing the creation the Regulatory Self-Assessment:
- Coordinate the annual regulatory self-assessment;
- Coordinate internal governance and approval (incl. Board approval).
- Take a lead role in coordinating the governance of Operational Resilience, preparing papers for relevant committees and ensuring issues are escalated appropriately.
- Lead in the continued development and delivery of Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management activities within London and the wider EMEA region.
- Coordinate London and the EMEA regional annual HQ Tokyo regulatory assessment and reporting for BCM and DR;
- Actively supporting the Incident Management Team and Senior Management with:
- Timely coordinating response to all emergency incidents,
- Ensuring actions for staff safety as a priority.
- Responsible for maintaining robust CM plans and CM training activities (IMT, ET, BC Coordinators)
- Support One MUFG’s delivery in the EMEA region in line with regulatory and Head Office requirements to achievement of MUFG’s strategic objectives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of the Operational Resilience consultation papers (Dec 2019) and Policy Statements
- Understanding of Operational Resilience and Business Continuity and Crisis Management tools, methodologies and best practice
- Experience in planning for and delivering regulatory change and transformation
- Communication & influencing skills
- Advocate for Operational Resilience and builds strong relationships with senior stakeholders across all business areas to ensure delivery and embedding of Operational resilience throughout the organisation
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across the business, working closely with internal customers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, persuades and includes others using a range of approaches to achieve deliverables
- Project Management skills
- Experience in identifying and resolving risks and issues, or prompt escalation to programme manager if they are not able to be resolved
- Project management knowledge and experience to drive focus on effective and timely delivery of activities, managing the critical path and reporting regularly on status of deliverables
- Ability to work with team members to develop solutions to complex problems and makes recommendations to the Programme leaders and SteerCo.
- No qualifications required; qualified through experience
Where required, the role holder will also:
- Support the Head of Operational Resilience with the Operational Resilience Committee (OReC), Focus and Working Groups.
- Contribute to the Operational Resilience team’s (OReT) performance, ensuring compliance with the organisations governance policies and procedures.
- Support the design, planning and implementation of the overall ORe framework across London (and within the EMEA region) to a level expected by our local regulators and at a level in line with our peers, including the update of relevant procedures and policies.
- Develop and deliver short and the medium term objectives/actions within the ORe framework.
- Ensure that the ORe objectives are in line with the agreed budget, including training & expectations.
- Analyse the risk and effectiveness of the regions ORe reporting arrangements, and identify/escalate appropriate actions to improve the overall reporting for the unction.
- Build close and continuous relationships with key individuals within the First, Second and Third Lines, and ensure their ORe weaknesses and concerns are addressed proactively.
- Develop and enhance staff training as required.
- Provide regular updates on progress under the ORe Governance framework and other key forums/committees. Contribute to the ORe governance for business activity to influence business strategy for the region and globally.
Regulatory compliance, affairs and change:
- Comply with, and ensure that under your responsibility (where applicable) you comply with, the entities’ policies and procedures as well as all rules, laws and regulatory requirements emanating from any of the regulatory authorities to which the entities are subject.
- Remain up to date with regulatory changes; ensure that changes are well understood and plans are
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- The ability to understand and manage the needs of a diverse and extensive group of stakeholders
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.