Assistant Vice President Environmental and Social Risk Management
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is responsible for supporting the EMEA Chief Risk Officer to implement an effective risk governance framework across MUFG EMEA, and providing a holistic view of the risks facing MUFG in EMEA, including environmental and social risk management. The department additionally performs risk appetite monitoring and reporting; scenario stress testing and capital adequacy assessments; recovery and resolution planning; risk model governance; and new business and product risk governance.
We have an exciting opportunity within ERM for an experienced risk manager to join the team in London supporting the environmental and social risk management of the MUFG EMEA businesses. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge and experience of environmental and social risk management frameworks within the financial services industry.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To support the CRO and ERM senior management in ensuring robust Environmental and Social (ES) risk management of the MUFG EMEA business.
- To be the main point of contact in EMEA Risk for ES risk matters.
- Day-to-day management of the MUFG EMEA ES risk management framework across the EMEA Head Quarters based in London and the wider MUFG EMEA network.
- Acting as the main point of contact for ES risk in the second line, responding to first and second line enquiries, logging and tracking requests.
- Liaising with control functions to identify ES risk issues related to proposed transactions.
- Supporting the regular review and update of the MUFG EMEA ES risk appetite.
- Supporting the development, enhancement and regular maintenance of the ES risk framework to keep up to date and in-line with industry best practice, including risk appetite, policy and procedures, and reporting.
- Liaising with MUFG EMEA offices to ensure adherence to EMEA Head Quarters minimum standards.
- Collaborating with other MUFG regions globally on ES risk matters on transaction requests as well as sharing and developing best practice and experience.
- Support the Reputational Risk Management Framework across the MUFG EMEA business.
- Supporting the review of new business, complex transactions and new products for ES risk.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Relevant experience in Environmental and Social risk management gained from previous roles in banking/financial services first or second line or professional services
- Experience of risk governance and enterprise wide risk management including policies, risk appetite and reporting
- Good knowledge of banking and/or investment banking services/global markets products and services.
- Experience of supporting and administering senior management governance committees
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge or experience in reputational risk management
Education / Qualifications:
- Strong academics and relevant professional qualifications / accreditations
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.