Assistant Vice President, Data Solution Architect
We currently have an exciting role for candidates who are passionate and hands-on with Data Analystics and Business Intelligence Solutions It will be suitable for you if you are working as Data Solution Architect / Data Modeller in Financial Services, as well as hands-on experience with large projects in Oracle and SQL.
Overview of the Department / Section:
EMEA Systems Office provides IT Services to BTMU’s London and EMEA Offices. The Systems Development Department is responsible for managing the delivery of projects and programmes of work to realise strategic business outcomes, liaising extensively with other ESO, EMEA offices & HO functions. In addition the is accountable for platform maintenance and life-cycle of all vendor applications, in-house applications and infrastructure.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Data Solution Architect will work closely with business SME’s and project teams to understand business requirements and provide data modelling and deliver solutions that optimizes the way Bank uses its data. You will predominantly be involved in architecting and designing data warehouse solutions that support Bank’s OLTP and OLAP or BI database solutions.
· Architect and design Data Warehouse infrastructure and solutions
· Gather and analyse business requirements and develop technical specifications and design documents
· Perform data profiling to detect patterns, trends and anomalies to gain more in-depth understanding of data requirements and needs to ensure model is fit-for-use.
· Develop, enhance, and integrate Data Warehouses/Data Marts and Business Intelligence Solutions
· Test, deploy and maintain Data Warehouses/Data Marts
· Identifies, evaluates, and recommends emerging data technologies and technology providers that will improve the business
· Develop overall strategic data architecture direction and provide a comprehensive road map for the Enterprise Data Warehouse
· Effectively negotiate and influence project direction with alignment to data modelling and data management standards
· Map existing or legacy logical entities to the Enterprise Data Warehouse
· Develop dimensional models and views needed for data analytics and reporting
· Design, develop and maintain target interface solutions to support Bank’s OLTP and MI/BI systems
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
· ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) experience required
· In-depth PL/SQL knowledge to enhance and develop the data architecture required to support Oracle/SQL Server based applications and data warehouse environments essential.
· Experienced in using modelling tools Erwin & ER/Studio Data Architect
· Expert level of understanding of enterprise class ETL tools (SSIS/Informatica)
· Strong quantitative and analytic skills are required. Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders
· Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
· 5+ years of experience with majority of exposure in banking industry working as Data Solution Architect / Data Modeller in the Banking domains
· In-depth understanding of Financial Instruments that helps to translate data requirements into Bank’s canonical DWH model
· Extensive experience implementing relational database designs, data warehousing, data architecture, & data modelling, including strong knowledge of various data modelling approaches and practices
· Hands-on experience with large/complex database implementations in Oracle and SQL Server
· In-depth understanding of data integration and interface platforms and technologies
· Excellent communication skills
· Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
· A proactive, motivated approach.
· The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
· Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
· A structured and logical approach to work
· Strong problem solving skills
· A creative and innovative approach to work
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Has a flexible approach to change and can encourage others to make change happen
· The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
· Identifies and acts on opportunities to reduce costs and achieve value for money or improve existing procedures