We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
In MUFG, we are committed to being the world’s most trusted financial group. As part of our commitment, in our Global Financial Crime Directorate (GFCD), we are consolidating and improving key elements of our global financial crime detection and prevention operations by creating a network of Centers of Excellence (CoEs).
Our CoEs will enable us to increase and enhance the effectiveness of our operational financial crime prevention and detection expertise and oversight, by consolidating and focusing the knowledge, capabilities, insight and experience of our people along with refined and improved processes, training and technologies.
We want to work with ambitious, energetic, service-focused people, who are dedicated to protecting our customers – and the wider global economy, while developing world-class anti-money laundering and know-your-customer skills and capabilities.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As part of a global initiative from Head Office, the objective of this team is to help establish and maintain a bank-wide financial crime data governance strategy across EMEA and MENA. The goal will be to continuously satisfy data requirements and quality in each branch and subsidiary by leveraging existing information taken from Head Office investigations.
This team will largely have main responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with data governance and data management policy.
- Govern usage and management of data as it relates to compliance business processes and associated systems.
- Provide business and data quality requirements, and controls framework for compliance data from a data consumer perspective.
- Monitor quality of compliance data and facilitate resolution of data quality issues
- Provide KPIs/KRIs (Key Performance Indicator/Key Risk Indicator) and management reporting on the data governance program.
- Provide training to EMEA region colleagues.
- Manage and report changes that required Data Governance approvals.
- Provide and facilitate a platform to raise data issues and receive communications about planned projects or potential impacts.
This team will work closely with the EMEA Systems Office (ESO), EMEA Planning Department (EPD) and European Operations Division (EOD) to improve communication and ensure Data Governance standards are met.
The Data Governance change and reporting is based within the Compliance Data office of the EMEA Financial Crimes Compliance Division (FCOE). This new position is required to support Change Management and related initiatives within the EMEA (and MENA), with a specific focus on supporting the Change management and approval process for EMEA.
You are responsible for:
- Ensure no undesired changes in financial crime technology and data for whole EMEA and MENA region.
- Create and maintain change management documents and approval / rejection artefacts.
- Represent Data Governance team in Systems SDLC project lifecycle.
- Submit change management effectiveness assessment
- Provide guidance to the EMEA resources.
- Leading the Systemization projects for EMEA
- Point of contact for Level 2 systemization and Level 3 Change management / Systemization.
- Provide Approvals for systems changes which many have impact to FCC systems.
- Attend end of phase reviews meetings chaired by systems division.
- Experience with financial crime systems, implementation, enhancement, UAT
- Prior experience managing data governance and change management initiatives is strongly preferred
- Experience of change management
- Good practical understanding of risk, compliance and controls
- Excellent IT knowledge and Excel skills.
- Experience of interacting with stakeholders at a senior level
- Strong knowledge of Excel, VBA scripts.
- Knowledge of SEPA, Payments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Broad understanding of banking, financial crime risk in banking and a general understanding of the concepts of risk management and control
- Experience in Data Governance and related functions.
- Prior experience in Change management within Data Governance.
- Experience in Managing risk and change management
- Experience in AML related technologies.
- Experience in payments related systems
- Proficient in Excel.
Education / Qualifications:
- Preferred – Degree or equivalent experience
- ACAMS or other financial crime related certification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
MUFG, a global financial group is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law. We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements