We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
Credit Strategy Group (CSG) in Risk Management Office for EMEA is responsible for developing, maintaining, communicating and enforcing the EMEA Regional Credit Policy and related Risk Management Framework. Supporting and leading initiatives for enhancement of portfolio credit risk management in EMEA region, including developing and implementing reporting/analytical tools and methodologies that enable proactive credit risk management of the credit portfolio in EMEA. Reporting and monitoring credit risk exposures and credit related Risk Appetite metrics on a monthly and ad-hoc basis. Oversight of the risk and control environment for end to end credit risk management. Analysing and monitoring country risk initiatives in EMEA. Provide business management and coordination support to CIB Credit and across CSG. This function includes the following teams: Credit Framework and Modelling, Credit Portfolio Analysis (CPA), Credit Risk Controls Oversight, EMEA Country Risk and Planning.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To support the Head of CSG for EMEA and all CSG Team Heads with initiatives relating and not exclusive to credit, credit risk, portfolio analysis and management information.
- To support Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Credit for EMEA by being a point contact and liaison for credit managers; coordinating queries and requests with CSG team members accordingly.
- To support Heads and Group Heads (across CIB Credit and CSG) develop and maintain a sound portfolio within the credit appetite of the EMEA region, and in line with regulatory requirements.
- To provide team members technical, logistical and diligent support on their day-to-day activities.
- To plan and propose the strategy of CIB Credit for EMEA to the management, and assist / promote implementation.
- Weekly and monthly distribution of Early Warning (EW) reports, managing the procedures, validation and single name look back. Annual and ad-hoc maintenance of the integrated EW Procedures document.
- Support the head of CPA with the organisation of the Joint Credit Risk Management Committee (JCRMC) and all other sub-committees as required.
- To engage in projects and working groups related to credit, credit risk, EW and Credit Strategy across the group.
- To partake in the maintenance, upkeep and enhancement of the core credit risk system in EMEA.
- To partner with other credit / risk functions to manage risks and potential risks to our portfolio. Establish frameworks, procedures and guidelines to control CIB Credit’s business and EMEA’s credit risk appetite.
- To monitor and report credit issues and portfolio of obligors, ensuring a proactive, transparent and rigorous approach to the management of credit risk and escalation of issues.
- Support development of the offices’ operating model, ensuring optimal delivery and performance supporting our clients. Measure, monitor and improve performance and quality of work of the office.
- Provide consultation and advising on the bank’s policies and procedures. Give guidance to staff members and other areas of the bank and coach/develop colleagues on these aspects.
- Propose risk management strategies, frameworks, policies and procedures to stakeholders in the bank.
- To partner with front and product offices and contribute to the development of the organisational credit strategy for respective sectors/ regions.
- Ensure effective communication across all levels of management with internal and external stakeholders within EMEA and other regions. Represent CSG or own group effectively in various occasions, equip management and staff members with knowledge by sharing information appropriately in a timely manner.
- Provide staff members with appropriate tools and resources to carry out their duties.
- Extensive experience in Credit / Credit Risk Management, especially Early Warning related activities.
- Experience in resolving regulatory and audit issues related to credit and credit risk.
- Experience in using data from different sources to perform portfolio analysis.
- Minimum 3 year experience on credit risk activities associated with Global Corporates.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Sufficient knowledge Credit Risk Management in Commercial Banking.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, especially those of the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Prior experience of using SQL.
- Prior experience of using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Regular monitoring of Financial Markets and Macroeconomic events.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Stakeholder management and effective communication
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements