We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Credit Control as part of ROPS is responsible for standardising complex transactions to enable smooth downstream processing and drive forward standardised process change.
The Credit Control Team supports various front offices across the banks EMEA region in the delivery of new business opportunities, Whilst also collaborating with other business areas to assist with the smooth running of the bank’s portfolio.
The individual will be part of a team, but can act as a single point of contact within the Credit Control team to Front Office Relationship Managers, Treasury Division and Finance Department, to help deliver an end- to-end financial solution, whilst also being encouraged to drive process improvements to create operational efficiency.
- Working in a team environment to help support front office in the delivery of new business opportunities.
- To review loan documentation, ensuring it is in line with the banks credit sanction.
- Ensure data is correctly loaded into bank’s systems and is in line with departmental procedures.
- Understand collateral and guarantee data, and load the relevant information accurately into the Bank’s system.
- Ongoing support of existing portfolio, handling queries in a proactive manner to find the appropriate solution.
- Support the wider Credit Control team as and when necessary by providing cross cover, and assist with ad hoc projects as directed by your line manager.
- Prepare monthly reports accurately and in a timely manner to circulate to management within the EMEA region.
- Reviewing existing portfolio, ensuring relevant data is correctly recorded like covenants, guarantees and collateral.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to minimise exposure to risk and to safeguard against financial loss to the Bank.
- There may be a need to check and verify other team member’s work.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Excellent communications skills, clear and effective communicator
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and excellent organisational skills
- Computer literate and fully conversant with MS Office tools.
- Experience within a middle office function ideally at a leading International Bank.
- Experience of reviewing loan documentation, with a view to extracting important data to load into the bank’s systems.
- Knowledge/understanding of banking products such as, Syndicated and bi-lateral loans, complex project finance transactions and Treasury products like Foreign Exchange facilities.
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment under time pressure whilst retaining strong attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a team environment, whilst also having the ability to work autonomously when required.
Education / Qualifications:
- A level or equivalent education is essential
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- The ability to understand and manage the needs of a diverse and extensive group of stakeholders
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.