We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
EMEA Internal Audit Office (EIAO), as the Bank’s third Line of Defence, and in accordance with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the Bank’s objectives.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Audit Managers are responsible for the execution and delivery of audit engagements, working within audit teams on the scoping, planning and delivery of audit engagements, occasionally acting as audit lead. Delivery and execution of all engagements will adhere to audit methodology and include formal sign-offs of key documents and processes within an audit file.
Audit Managers are also responsible to manage a portfolio of issues initially raised in audits that require close monitoring with the business and validation in line with the audit methodology.
To finish, Audit Managers also provide support to the Senior Audit Managers in establishing and managing the continuous monitoring strategy of the Global Markets portfolio. This include attending meeting with stakeholders, document the meetings, receive and review data, update the monthly continuous monitoring document, and other related Continuous Monitoring activities.
Specifically, key responsibilities of the Audit Manager Global Markets will include:
- Undertaking effective ongoing monitoring of certain elements of the Global Markets portfolio, highlighting key risk issues to business and EIAO management.
- Assist the Head of Audit in aspects of the maintenance of the risk universe, risk assessments and audit plans where required.
- Support Senior Audit Managers (SAM) on strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within their Head of Audit’s portfolio. May be set appropriate continuous monitoring assignments by the Head of Audit/SAMs.
- Understand and develop specialist areas of subject matter expertise in Global Markets business areas, products and associated risks. These areas (if not already known) will be agreed by the Head of Audit based on the team’s skills assessment matrix.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders and auditees within their audit engagements or areas of continuous monitoring.
- Own the work/tasks that are assigned to them and to be responsible for independently carry out any relevant analysis/fieldwork with minimal supervision.
- Pay attention to the details and produce, within the agreed deadlines, deliveries that require minimal rework and are presented logically and clearly, in line with MUFG Internal Audit Methodology.
- Apply audit methodology to all work performed, seeking guidance as required.
- Assist in agreeing Management Action Plans and Issue follow-up with stakeholders, as directed
- Develop an appreciation of risk and control more generally in banking.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally.
- On occasions, be required to work on team initiatives.
- Experience of working in an Audit function within the Financial Services sector.
- Good understanding of risks and controls within global markets either from working in an investment banking or corporate banking firm.
- Experience in auditing global markets key business areas on a front to back basis.
- A basic understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular the FCA and PRA Handbooks.
- Experience in compliance and regulations driven audit work conducted across global markets business areas.
- Experience of working in a similar audit function for a major corporate/investment bank or Big-4 firm.
- Knowledge of how to use data analytics to drive continuous risk monitoring and perform audits.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of auditing methods and industry practices.
- An understanding of banking and financial services is required.
- An understanding of financial products, their risks and how they generate revenues.
- Good knowledge of controls required to mitigate risks.
- Good understanding of risk management and compliance matters.
Education / Qualifications:
- Higher education or equivalent industry experience.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CFA etc).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A creative and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.