Assistant Vice President - BBG Application Support Analyst
We currently are expanding our Application Support team in Front Office Solutions. The position will have a focus in Brexit program as well as other BAU project.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department / Section:
FOS-DTP (Direct Trading Platforms) is a team charged with the support and development of trade execution platforms across all asset classes and support almost all of the firm’s trading desks. The team are physically located in the centre of the tradefloor.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Functional support is responsible for the delivery and support of IT services
- To provide first and second line support for trading platforms to various trading Desks
- Work in our BAU Project team on our Brexit program
- Investigating & resolving incident
- Provide “hands-on” support of the platforms
- Maintain the Ion platform.
- L1, L2 and L3 support – from dealing with trader queries through to debugging code.
- Maintenance / keeping the systems up to date.
- BAU initiatives and projects.
- Representing the support function in projects
Skills and Experience:
- Experience providing technical support for Fixed Income Desks within an Investment Bank
- Exposure to the practical support of a wide range of trading platforms such as Ion, Bloomberg TOMS(required), Markitwire, BrokerTec, TradeWeb, eSpeed, CME etc.
- Java/ION MMI,Ion Sys admin experience(desired)
- Ability to accurately document and share information with global peer group
- Derivatives product experience (desired)
- Windows / SQL
- FIX Protocol/Understanding of FIX messages
- ION Trading Platform –MMI,Sysadmin,D2D/D2C components
- STP solutions
- Technical and analytical skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
- Thorough understanding in end to end trade flow, pricing and trade booking.
- Knowledge of Linux environment in performance and maintenance
- Understanding of network infrastructures - TCP/IP and LAN technologies
- Ability to understand business problems and solve with technical solutions.
- Competent in at least one - Shell Scripting / Python / Perl / Java (desired)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.