Assistant Tax Manager, Off
The role of the Assistant Tax Manager is to be responsible for the delivery of tax services to all State Street Regulated Tax clients in respect of their Authorised Investment Funds, Investment Trust Companies and PAIFs. Major Responsibilities:
Corporation Tax Specific:
Management of service delivery and relationships
- Oversight Tax provisions for inclusion in SORP accounts for UK investment funds which we administer
- Review of CT600s, CT61s for PAIFS and VAT Returns for submission to HM Revenue & Customs
- Assist as required on tax project work
- Review taxation payment instructions for Trustees
- Oversight quarterly taxation reviews to ensure reasonableness of daily taxation provision accrual and manage issues log review points
- Review asset classifications for UK tax purposes for inclusion in the internally maintained Funds database ensuring the information contained within is accurate and up to date
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior staff both within State Street and with clients and external parties, including HMRC
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have a clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed
- Ensure key performance indicators (KPI) measures are achieved monthly and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve
- Manage own time and activities effectively (delegating where required) setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business
- Business degree from University or equivalent/ relevant market experience.
- Professional Qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, CTA, ACCA, ATT, AAT) desirable, but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of tax regulations relating to UK Investment Funds. Knowledge on Property Funds / Property Authorised Investment Funds is desirable
- Strong understanding of fund accounting principles relating to UK Investment Funds. Experience within Funds Administration/Accounting practice preferable
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and accuracy, problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- Strong PC skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tax packages