Assistant Pricing Manager - Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
State Street To ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards. To manage and develop directly reporting staff to a standard that you would expect of yourself. Major Responsibilities: Client Service Monitoring:State Street
To ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards. To manage and develop directly reporting staff to a standard that you would expect of yourself.
Client Service Monitoring:
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures initiating remedial action as necessary.
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed.
- Ensure that all team members follow procedures and complete checklists.
- Monitor the service from internal groups and feed into the relevant forums for COE’s.
- Ensure that KPI measures (where applicable) are achieved on a monthly basis and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve.
- Monitor absence levels and ensure absence management procedures are followed.
Relationships / Communication:
- Act as a focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments in COE’s and external contacts such as custodians, trustees, investment managers, auditors, board etc, providing technical expertise on the service provided.
- Participate in Service Reviews and adhoc client meetings.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior staff both within State Street and with clients & external parties.
- Hold regular team meetings and 1:1s to ensure regular communication with staff. Communicate effectively with clients, COE’s, third parties and colleagues.
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given.
Self-Management / Personal Development:
- Manage own time and activities effectively (delegating where required) setting an example through good housekeeping and time management.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business.
- Actively participate in the objectives and appraisal processes by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development to ensure own effectiveness in a changing business context.
Pricing Specific Duties:
- Manage the daily production of prices performing final checks to ensure accuracy
- Plan and manage all team deliverables with effective utilisation of resource with the support of the Pricing Manager.
- Identify issues and problems in the service delivery and take remedial action, keeping the Pricing Manager informed.
- Provide daily / weekly MI to AVP which clearly identifies the progress of the team
- Attend regular meetings with the COE’s to maintain service levels and resolve issues.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries within agreed timescales.
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
Level of Education/ Qualifications:
- Strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate or professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA, IMC, IOC).
Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organisational skills.
- Prior experience in managing a team of 2 - 3 people, ideally in Financial Services industry.
- Understanding and managing change within an operational group.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of hands-on involvement in a Client Service Team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in line with wider internal groups.
- Detail orientated – ability to review client deliverables to a high quality standard.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, for discussion and communication at all level.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent people skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure of multiple assignments, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.