Our Banking & Capital Markets Regulatory Compliance Team has an excellent external reputation for providing high quality, innovative regulatory advice and solutions to help major financial services firms implement the weight of new PRA/FCA regulatory provisions under the revised "intrusive" approach. Our particular areas of specialisation include retail banking, commercial and investment banking, wealth management and custody firms. Our areas of expertise include AML, Conduct of Business, Client Assets (including CASS, payment services and e-money regulations), Enforcement, Prudential, Sanctions and Transaction Reporting regulation and legislation, based upon 20 years + of senior level experience. Our client base includes some of the most prestigious names in the banking and investment banking sectors.
We provide services within the client assets field such as:
• Providing practical, yet technical, advice on the more judgemental Client Assets, Payment Service Provider and E-money rules
• Working alongside our statutory audit teams in performing annual Client Assets Assurance Reports to the FCA
• Assisting firm's setting up governance and operational structures for new business lines to ensure compliance with relevant rulesets
• Performing front-to back walkthroughs of investment business and payment firms to identify any gaps or weaknesses in regulatory compliance
• Providing technical client assets support to independent monitoring functions within firms (typically internal audit)
• Technical reviews, spot checks and challenge of CASS Resolution Plans
• Performing Shadow S166 and S166 reviews of Client Assets
• Placing people within clients on secondment
• Delivering training sessions to clients - from operational staff through to the Senior Managers responsible for client assets
• Mock FCA interviews around client assets in preparation for FCA visits and interviews
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager within the Banking Capital Markets practice you will have responsibility for:
• Providing technical input on the client assets rules
• Directing the CASS specific fieldwork performed as part of the annual Client Assets Assurance Reporting to the FCA in accordance with the FRC’s CASS Assurance Standard
• Providing technical support and challenge to firms on all areas from On-boarding, Legal, Trading, Settlements, Risk, Treasury and Finance
• Technical review, spot-checks and challenge of CASS Resolution Plans
• To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when working in diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
• Supporting the engagement manager to deliver projects and ensure work is performed and completed on a timely basis
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role is to be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Experience of the mechanics of an Investment Firm and practical experience of Client Asset Compliance
• Demonstrable experience working around client asset rules
• Practical knowledge of the client assets rules, common breaches and technical support
• Ability to work under own initiative and in many different and challenging environments
• Willingness to learn
• Good organisational and project management skills
• Enjoy working to deadlines
• Strong presentation, business writing and professional standards;
• Client centric, flexible and client service orientated approach; and
• Ability to write reports which clearly state the issue, the judgmental nature of the rules and the complex operational structure of the firm, and an appropriate recommendation
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179181