Assistant Manager - Integration & Separation - Transaction Services
- Competitive salary
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 19
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG's Integration Advisory Team works with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal Integration and Separation issues related to M&A or similar transactions. There are five key proposition areas:
- Synergy evaluation – understanding the potential benefits and costs of a transaction.
- Pre-completion planning – developing high level plans for the first 100 days by workstream, setting up programme governance and developing Day 1 plans to take control.
- First 100 days and long term implementation – fully mobilised integration team with a prioritised set of opportunities and realisation of quick wins.
- Second wave integration – a refocused, re-energised integration process to capture the originally envisaged benefits of the deal.
- Demerger and Separation – understanding the separation options and giving assistance to deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 with value preserved and business continuity ensured.
We work closely alongside our colleagues within KPMG's Transaction Services who conduct financial, commercial and operational due diligence, providing an integrated and value-adding service to our clients to help make their transactions successful.
We work regularly on 'front page headline' deals for a client base comprising a wide range of publicly listed corporates, private companies, private equity houses and public sector organisations.
- Providing day to day support to project office activities, and lead PMO activities on small to medium sized engagements.
- Lead analytics on synergy and separation type projects and be responsible for first draft of significant sections, if not all, synergy commentary reports.
- Lead the support to a number of workstreams on integration / separation projects, supporting client workstream leads to fulfil their workstream objectives.
- Ownership and maintenance of financial models on an engagement and on larger engagements oversee the work of more junior staff.
- Contribution of content for sections of reports/deliverables on separation and integration projects.
- When you are not working on a project, you will provide support to senior colleagues in preparation of proposal materials.
- You will need to be willing to travel as we mainly work from client sites and have a global portfolio of clients. The length of a project can be anywhere from one week to one year, although a typical project will last a few weeks and we would aim to give you as diverse an experience as possible.
- Experience working within a Deals/M&A environment.
- Project/programme management experience.
- Financial awareness
- Presentation (oral and written)
- Good client relationship skills
- Analysis and problem solving
- Report writing
- Strong team player - we pride ourselves on the way we work with and support each other.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate personal impact, flexibility, drive and commitment.
- A desire to broaden your current skillset and an embrace the opportunity to work at client sites with a relatively high level of autonomy.
- You should be comfortable working in the high pressured yet often ambiguous and flexible conditions that characterise