A leading Asset Manager in London are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join their growing team on an initial 6-month period. This will be a hybrid working role from both home and office.
Overview of the Role
The Assistant Finance Manager will join a dedicated and growing team of finance and property professionals who work collaboratively to achieve the Funds’ investment goals and returns. The direct reporting lines for this role will be the Senior Finance Manager in London. The main purpose of the role is to provide support for finance and accounting matters for a series of UK Funds investing in shopping centres and retail parks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly and quarterly VAT return preparation in relation to a number of retail assets and relevant investment holding vehicles
- Monthly CIS return preparation for entities falling within the UK Construction Industry Scheme
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconciliation of rental balances to agents billings etc
- Finance administrative tasks – updating data sheets, Invoice coding/payments etc
- Bank account reconciliation review
- Cash management including bank account top ups etc
- Drawdowns from investors
- Fund and investment entity reporting
Communicationis a key skill set requiring broad interaction with other teams including;
- Liaising with other departments
- Liaising with third parties including service providers
- Participate in ad hoc projects from time to time, including with other Funds
Technical Skills & Experience Required
- Management accounts experience required.
- Educated to degree level, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- A professional qualification in progress would be an advantage
- Be comfortable working with and instructing third party suppliers
- Have a good working knowledge of Excel
- Fluent English language skills, High standards of written English and presentation
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to work to fixed deadlines
- Real estate funds experience advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communicator with an ability to liaise across all levels of the business, both with finance and non-finance teams, is essential for success in this role
- A client centric attitude and a desire to learn about and participate in all aspects of real estate fund management
- Ability to work well within a team and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence and desire to take responsibility for all deliverables
- Ability to use own initiative to identify any problems and deliver solutions
- Self-starter, with the initiative to identify problems and resolve them