Assistant Director, Technology & Data Architect, Financial Crime Technology Advisory, London
Your opportunity There has never been a better time to embark on a career combatting financial crime. Join us in delivering advice and solutions that make a material difference to our clients, our people and society.
As part of the Technology Advisory team in Forensics', you will provide high quality advice to prestigious organisations, helping clients to improve the fragmented and inefficient technology landscapes used to manage Financial Crime (FC) risk. Whether it be designing technology operating models, implementing technology solutions or optimizing technologies, you will be a part of the evolution in a global effort to fight financial crime.
We are seeing strong demand for Financial Crime specialists from our clients as a result of the significant regulatory pressure and increasing complexity of financial crime risks. To handle this demand Deloitte has over 1200 staff globally who are specifically working in financial crime. Offering a range of specialisms and experience, Deloitte was ranked in the 'Leaders' Quadrant by Gartner and a focus on innovation and investment in technology has helped Deloitte maintain market leadership in the industry. This is the opportunity to join a diverse team of dedicated professionals that provide high quality and innovative advice that helps our client manage the risks that financial services firms face on a day-to-day basis.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
In your role, you will help our clients to assess and improve their financial crime technology and data capabilities, helping to identify solutions to their issues as appropriate.
Due to the varied nature of our projects, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in number of areas and expand a wide set of additional skills. You might lead projects and workstreams, or manage teams and deliverables. You might work with business audiences to define a strategy and a technology roadmap, including selecting technology options and shaping delivery timelines.
Your responsibilities will vary depending on the focus of your client engagement and your skillset, but could include and/or require the following:
Your work, your choice
- Designing the organization's FC technology and/or data architecture
- Working with the client stakeholders and SMEs to identify technology and/or data strategy goals and objectives, including technology recommendations, roadmaps and risks associated with technology and data architecture designs
- Leading the design of technology and/or data target state, including the identification of any interim states required to achieve the target state
- Supporting senior client stakeholders to implement data, integration & technology architectures
- Developing expertise and understanding of core financial crime challenges, architecture design & augmentation of Fintech solutions with core banking platforms
- Designing data models and ecosystems (including data storage, data ingestion, analytics layers, data output/input files) on a variety of technological solutions
- Designing end-to-end data flows (ingestion patterns, landing zones, data normalization/reference data enhancement, data distribution) on a variety of technologies
- Designing technology integration interfaces using APIs, webservices and other solutions for a variety of technologies
- Communicating complicated concepts to business audiences with ease
- Building a broad network of client relationships within the financial crime community and wider financial services industry
- Participating in business development initiatives and the preparation of go-to-market offerings
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate. Your professional experience
We want people who will embody a collaborative approach in bringing both business and technology stakeholders together to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits. At Deloitte, our people are expected to have the professional and personal skills to provide a distinctive client experience during our engagements. We understand that we need different types of people with different skills to provide our clients with the best possible service. So whether you are a delivery specialist, business advisor or technical master you will be able to find something exciting and entertaining.
To qualify, you must possess demonstrable knowledge, a proven ability to deliver with significant experience in financial crime and technical or data architecture design.
The candidates must have experience with Financial crime industry-standard technology and data solutions.
You must also have specific experience in some of the following:
- Technology and/or data solution and requirements analysis - Candidates will have either led or conducted sessions with various business or technical stakeholders to define requirements or strategic objectives for Financial Crime technologies
- Functional design - Candidates will have experience working with various business or technical stakeholders to develop functional designs that meet the organization's requirements
- Solution architecture design - Candidates will have experience defining architecture for a specific FC solution, including structure, standards and guidance for the detailed design
- Technology and data architecture design -
oCandidates will have experience in developing high level and detailed technology and data architecture artefacts (including conceptual, logical and physical artefacts)
oCandidates will have designed end to end technology solutions and have a proven record of driving key architecture decisions
oCandidates will have experience of traditional (e.g. data warehouse) and/or next-generation (e.g. Big Data / Data Lake) data architectures for structured and/or unstructured data
oCandidates will have designed the integration architecture based on solution requirements e.g. real-time, near real-time, batch
oCandidates will have experience of developing integration designs using communication interfaces such as APIs and webservices
- Technology and/or data solution implementation - Candidates will have led the design and implementation and/or use of Financial Crime technology and/or data solutions, typically as part of project or large programmes of work
- Other technologies - Besides FC technology and data solutions, candidates will have experience with core banking systems and Fintech solutions
- Governance architecture - Candidates will have experience defining the traditional systems management, capabilities, organization and systems
Your wider skills must include:
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- A range of both technical and business focused skills and experience, and an ability to articulate the outcomes and value of their work and career achievements to date
- Competent use of the Microsoft suite, including Excel and PowerPoint to manage data sets, create reports
- Competent use of technology and data solution design tools, like Microsoft Visio, An Initio or alternative similar tools
- Strong skills in written and oral communication (including presentation skills)
- A passion for understanding and empathising with our client problems and helping to resolve them through innovative approaches and dedicated support
- Substantial experience and knowledge across a broad spectrum of financial crime and financial services industry themes
- Deep interest in innovation and a drive to build personal eminence in the industry
- Continual pursuit of broadening the skills of themselves and the team
- Highly experienced in managing projects using the latest contemporary tools and techniques
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA BAFRSC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 168661