- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director, Sales Representative
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
Moody's Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients' growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology helps today's business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace. We are recognized for our industry-leading solutions, comprising research, data, software and professional services, assembled to deliver a seamless customer experience. Thousands of organizations worldwide have made us their trusted partner because of our uncompromising commitment to quality, client service, and integrity.
Our Mission: Empowering our customers to make better, faster decisions.
Our Vision: To be the global leader in solving critical business problems.
Our Values: Customer focus, excellence, open mindset, and teamwork.
In this role you are responsible to drive the entire sales process for our Research, Data and Risk models solutions. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific strategic guidance and product overviews. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team who are looking to grow their potential and contribute to our mission.
- Lead the full lifecycle sales process which includes identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients, building on existing client relationships, giving sales presentations and contract negotiations.
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Drive the development of business within assigned territories.
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Assess the needs of the client by identifying specific cause of underlying problems and proposes innovative solutions based on their business requirements.
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Begin development as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate Moody's Analytics responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
The position is part of the Moody's Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service Group. The team is responsible for managing and growing overall client relationships within large financial institutions; including Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Insurance companies and Asset Management firms
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) is essential. Subjects such as Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing or related fields are highly desirable. Candidates with degrees from other disciplines will also be considered.
- Experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on serving financial services and/or corporate treasury customers.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex sales cycles to successful conclusion through use of consultative selling techniques.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Fluent in English is essential and another European language is advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.