Assistant Director, Real Estate, Valuations, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 19
Assistant Director, Real Estate, Valuations, London
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Real Estate professional, you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile assignments. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Transaction Real Estate network of specialists who deliver high quality advice to Global Corporate business.
EY has an established industry leading Real Estate Practice within our Transaction Advisory Service. We address complex issues in commercial and corporate real estate. We advise our clients on strategic, analytical, valuation, operational, hospitality and other business advisory services . You will have the opportunity to develop your career by creating a new business and through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Director/Associate Director you will be leading our Corporate Real Estate business. You will spend your day meeting clients, pitching for new opportunities and undertaking strategic advisory engagements involving portfolio analysis, including scenario development and financial modelling of companies and proposed projects; or projects to guide clients in their needs surrounding the real estate organization or infrastructure that manages the portfolio. You will be the engagement manager for CRE analysis assignments during Mergers & Acquisitions to support global site selection analysis. As the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for business development, recruiting and training EY staff on current portfolio strategy practices, facilities management processes and general real estate technical skills. You will also have a key role in working with colleagues and building out the EY Global CRE Network developing a consistent client offering.
Skills and attributes for success
- A leadership and client facing role undertaking business development and identifying new opportunities with both existing and new clients.
- As Engagement Manager you will be responsible for a range of projects for Corporate clients including portfolio optimization, cost savings and improved ROI
- Supporting clients in determining requirements for real estate that align with business plans.
- Analyze and make recommendations with respect to strategic dispositions, investment and market opportunities, hold versus sell analysis, feasibility studies, asset review and market studies, highest and best use analysis, acquisition and advice analysis and a range of valuations.
- Develop multiple practical options supported by strong business cases that optimize NPV and enhance personal productivity and innovation.
- Assess occupancy and vacancy to further identify opportunities to streamline clients' real estate portfolios.
- Analyze inputs from the client's strategic planning process business plans (business requirements, costs, facility information, cap-ex requirements, forecasts, occupancy data, lease and market data).
- Provide oversight to the client regarding various functions involved in the occupancy planning and portfolio planning processes to ensure decisions are made and progress is achieved.
- Integrate other overarching strategies related to workplace, sustainability, labour and finance to govern the portfolio and set a foundation for individual asset strategies.
- Optimize clients' internal and external real estate organizational structure with regards to insourcing vs. outsourcing facilities management/transaction management/space and occupancy planning/lease administration support, contract terms analyses and vendor selection.
- Support the creation of portfolio-related governance, processes and tools for our client assignments.
- Conduct demographic, business geography and site selection analysis, related to labour, network and customers.
- Create execution plans.
- Oversee execution of real estate portfolio plans (may include real estate advisor oversight and coordination).
- Support clients' needs surrounding the corporate real estate operating model such as processes, controls, governance and technology
- Five years of Corporate Real Estate experience with a consulting company or real estate advisory firm
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Previous experience with leading a regionally distributed team.
- Experience in business development and managing highly strategic projects.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for real estate and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.